First time outdoor grower

Hi there!

First-time grower, long-time smoker! I wanted to give growing a try because a good friend of mine in his late 60’s grew his first plant a few months ago and he gave me a little bit of his very small harvest to try… it was dry and harsh and when I smoked it, it made me cough like crazy! It burned so fast, it was gone before I knew it! But, I got pretty high!!!

That smoke inspired me to grow a plant. So, after many YouTube videos and articles online, I decided to try growing a White Widow Autoflower using ILGM as the SPOT to grab your seeds and use the online support. Any help you guys can provide along the way is appreciated!

Items:
2 - 3 gallon pots
1 bag Fox Farm Ocean Spray soil.
2 seeds germinated in a shot glass starting Saturday February 5.

About 3 days in, seeds were ready to go into soil

3 days after that, lady #1 sprouted!

by the following Saturday (Feb 13), I made this extremely simple set up with a $15 dollar light for plants from Lowe’s and a $2 USB fan.

Here are two close ups of each lady from Saturday

Right now the temperature outside is between the low 40’s to the high 60’s or low 70’s but I’m keeping the ladies inside. So far, they seem pretty healthy.

I’m using bottled water every couple of days when the soil looks dry and no nutrients.

1 Like

They seem a little stretchy. Maybe try getting the light a little closer. Or them a little closer to the light…

What nutrientes are you using?

You can give them some sunlight during the day, just put your pots outside for a couple of hours(if its warm and sunny) … so they can get used to the strong sun(compared to your grow light) and aren’t stressed too much when you permanently move them outside.

1 Like

I’m not using any nutrients yet. I definitely need to work on the lights. Do you think I need more lights or just bring the plants closer?

when do you plan to put it out?

I’m not too sure. This week is still in the low 40’s outside and the highs are in the mid 60’s until Saturday so probably until then

Nvmnd… Auto

Yeah try and get them closer to the light. In the meantime, until it is over 70deg F at night, you can give them some hours of sunlight every day. They will appreciate it…

Watch them good hope u plant on doing some training with the w.w. autos from ilgm. Mine grow like weeds bti. They r fricken nuts. I did a zkittlez and w.w. autos side by side. Plants were almost the same size but the w.w. had twice the amount of bud that the zkittlez had literally dowbled if not a bit more. The shoots were everywhere this grow on the w.w. made some super nice buds and smell great but man it was a treat to try and tie all the branches up to support the bud weight. Have fun hopefully they grow super for u

1 Like

So its been about 3 weeks since I charted my progress. So far everything seems to be going well. I had one minor set back with one plant. One of my kids bent the stem and nearly broke it in half, so I laid the plant down to help the stem heal and it seemed to recover nicely. Both plants are getting as close to 18 hrs of light as I can give them (about 10 hrs of actual sun light, and about 5-8 hrs of light from the initial plant light and a 65 watt bulb). They get water every couple of days (about half to a full water bottle per plant).

Here are some pictures
#1) This is the plant with the broken stem on 2/19, then on 2/25, 2/28, and the last two from today.

#2 This is plant #2 on 2/19, then on 2/25, 2/28, and the last two from today.

So it’s been about 5 weeks since I last checked in here. There’s been some amazing progress! Since March 6, I’ve only added water every couple of days. Initially, I was using bottled water but I tried regular tap water soon after my last update and didn’t really notice any change in the plants so I’ve been using tap water since. At the beginning of April, when the plants were 8 weeks old, I started using the Flora Series Micro, Bloom, Grow, and Cal Mag. I’ve given them two feedings so far with the recommended measurements for an 8-week old plant. I’m trying to be very careful with the nutrients and I’m monitoring the plants daily. The weather has been amazing these past few weeks averaging between 55 degrees at night and 75-80 degrees during the daytime.
Here are a couple of shots of plant #1 on 3/16, 3/23, 3/27, 4/1, and 4/6.

Here are a couple of shots of plant #2 on 3/16, 3/23, 3/27, 4/1, and 4/6

Really looking forward to the next few weeks!!

What a couple of months it’s been! Here are some pics over the last few weeks

Plant #1

Plant #2

Both of them together

I think it’s ready for harvest… any thoughts?