First time outdoor grow, brown spots on leaves

Hi guys,

So this is my first time doing an outdoor grow. I am growing gorilla glue. One of my 5 plants started developing brown spots in the middle of some of it’s lower leaves. I think it started with one and spread. The pictures I’ve seen online make it look like it’s calcium deficiency. But the research I’ve done says that calcium deficiency usually starts at the top and moves down. Mine started mid bottom and has moved up. But the top is all green and healthy. The leaves started green with brown spots and then turned yellow and the spots got worse. I am scared it is fusarium wilt. I have been trying to give it higher ph water than I have been to increase the pH in the soil in case it is calcium deficiency. I also have been giving it tiger bloom which has calcium nitrate. The plants have just started flowering. If anyone can help me identify the issue and help with solutions I’d be forever grateful. I will attach some pictures. Thank you!

1 Like

You know I was worried looking at it and then I started noticing all the leaves that you were showing are the ones that are getting ready to drop to prepare for the budding cycle some of them look really gnarly like maybe bugs but then again those are the lease that you’re going to be pulling off their all going to turn yellow and drop off

2 Likes

Thanks for the input! I am concerned because a lot of them are higher up in the plant, where I would not be expecting them to fall off yet due to flowering. They are very early on in the flowering process. They started showing their first pistils less than a week ago. I am worried the plant will not make it through the flowering phase. After I took these pictures I removed almost all of the yellow or dead leaves or ones that were entirely filled with black spots. I am worried it will continue. How would you recommend proceeding? I am trying to raise the pH of the water I give it hoping to increase soil pH. And I have been giving nutes with every watering now out of fear it is calcium deficiency. It didn’t look like nute burn in any form to me, so I figured giving more-than-usual nutes wouldn’t harm it, or at least not yet.

1 Like

Oh no honey do not feed them nukes every time you feed water… you are giving them too much nukes and they’re reacting they can’t handle it try doing Wednesday water Thursday water Friday Newk’s Saturday water Sunday Newk’s every other time but anything on your plant that has the long stem and then are turning yellow, get rid of it that’s why they’re browing spots, you need to cut back on giving so much nukes, at this point if they’re starting to Bud you need to switch over to the budding nukes but at this point maybe you need to just give a couple days of water kind of flush it out so it gives the plant the water and then slowly adding back the budding nukes every other day

1 Like

See the reason I didn’t think it was nute burn was because it wasn’t starting from the edges. The brown spots were starting in the middle. Everywhere I looked online said nute burn starts on the edges of the leaves. The only descriptions I could find online that approximated these leaves were calcium deficiency and fusarium wilt.

The really great thing about these plants is they can bounce back very quickly, they can also go downhill very quickly but give it a week or two it’ll start to bounce back …everything else looks great …ur going to have a happy harvest it is just the greatest thing to sit bag with a nice fat doobie from your grow

You can do what they call a flush and then start from new just a few days give it a good healthy watering the next day the same the next day the same and then start including your budding nukes

1 Like

Also I love the waving Uncle Sam that’s really cool

1 Like

Thank you very much! What pH would you recommend I get the water to for the flush? My tap water alone is very low pH. So I have to add some pH. And that is comforting! I just hope it takes the bouncing back route and not the downhill fast route! It is an awesome feeling growing but really scary when it starts to seem like you are going to lose it. I can’t wait to try it though, I appreciate the encouraging statements. I’ve only grown one other time and it was indoors. I did not have any of these problems then. This came on so quickly. I’m glad you like the uncle Sam lol, you are very attentive to detail! I didn’t realize he made it into the picture

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Gorilla glue (from ILGM)

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
soil

Soil brand and type

fox farm ocean forrest (one bag had been used in a previous grow, used one small bag of miracle grow potting soil, then bought another large bag of ocean forrest and 2 small bags - all of this split between 5 plants)

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
smart pots

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
The past few weeks i have given nutes with water every day except maybe one because one of the plants (in my other post) was rapidly suffering from what i perceived to be calcium deficiency. The PH of the water/nute solution I’m not positive of because I am waiting for new buffer solution, it was reading 6.2-6.5 but when i used the last of my buffer solution it seems like the solution my probe was in was 0.3 overstated. I gave feed last night that read 6.8, which means it was probably 6.5.

• I do not really know how to test the run off, as there isn’t really any run-off when i water besides some out the sides of the smart pot. I don’t know if it is because i am not giving them enough water (2 jugs between 5 plants a day, or 3 on very hot/sunny days) or if it is because the smart pots are on a mat on a hard deck that may be prohibiting drainage.

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
I’m not sure, I use one generous table spoon of tiger bloom per gallon of water with ph up

• Indoor or Outdoor
outdoor

• Light system
sun
• Temps; Day, Night
Day -last week had a few days that were 90, before and after were mid 80s. Past 4 days were between 77-81 (today)
Night - low has been avg between 61-70, 64 most days
• Humidity; Day, Night
day - it had been between 64-76, a couple days were 50
night - as high as 91, past 4 days have been between 54 and 89

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
NA

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
NA
• Co2; Yes, No
no