First time - Minigun Auto Outdoors

Decided to give LST a shot on the smaller of them to see how things go over the next few days. Hoping that I’ve got it tied off correctly to get the most out of it.

As the top keeps growing can/should I keep bending it along the circumference of the pot to maximize exposure further?

I believe things are coming along nicely since the start of LST a few days ago. Feels like things have really started to take off.

The biggest seems to have stopped with the nute burn after flushing last week. Would it be wise to remove those damaged leaves of am I better to leave them on?

1 Like

Working a bit more on the LST and one plant is continuing to show some great progress. The other two haven’t started to show sex yet, but this one is well on her way I believe.

@Hogmaster I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve seen from a few other posts that you are an expert on autos. Is there any advice you would have based on how things are progressing? This is my first time with these.

1 Like

Worried that I may have done a bit of damage to the smaller of the 3. Things were going well and I had decided to change the tie down point yesterday to get the new growth a bit further over since the original LST attempt. This was yesterday evening. Since that time the top has still not rotated upright again like the others. Is there anything I should be doing to help? I’ve rotated it so it’s currently pointing in a direction to get a bit more sun exposure to see if that helps.

The others have seemed to have responded great to the second round.

Don’t worry, it’ll pop back up as soon as the stem grows a little.

1 Like

fingers crossed I hope so.
@raustin Thank you very much for your help and encouragement on this first round! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Things look to have recovered nicely on the one I was concerned about.

Things seem to be progressing well. Still shocked that only one of the 3 seems to have gone into flower, the others are at least 10 days behind at this point.

In other news, they have a new sibling.

I do have a question about the peat pellets though. When the time comes do you remove the netting before planting or go as is?

1 Like

You don’t have to remove the netting, but I would

1 Like

Thanks @raustin, it got transplanted to a forever-home this morning as it’s roots were starting to stick out of the netting.

1 Like

Some progress shots of the one lady that has started flowering.

The bigger of the 3 is starting to show early signs of pre-flower as of this morning and the other doesn’t look too far behind.

1 Like

Looks like there may have been an accident over the course of the night, perhaps an animal. But one of the ones just starting to show sex has had an involuntary “supercroping” the stem was bent to about about 90 degrees. It does not look like it broke through, but we definitely limp. I’ve released the tension of the LST on this one, and created a small sprint with a small dowel and tape. Hoping that it does not cause any issues in the long run as it’s high on the main stem. Does anyone have any advice on how to minimize the damage, or is it too late on this one and just hope for the best?

Checked in today and things seem to be going alright. No visible damage above the bend. Would it be wise to remove the splint after a few days to see if it’s able to hold its own weight?

Good to hear… I would remove the tape in a few days. I have used para-cord between 2 sticks. Let the branch lean on the cord for support.

Thanks for the idea @Uncle-Rico I’ll give that a shot depending on how things look when the splint comes off!

1 Like

The incident from before had healed and it looks like the other two have gone into pre-flower. They’ve stretched quite a bit over the last week. The small of the bunch is looking great!

1 Like