First time indoor grower need help

The 1000w gives you 55.55 watts per sq. ft. You will be just fine and the added wattage should help boost your yield.

Go ahead and drop the sledgehammer! :wink::imp:

5 Likes

Lol your fine brother
Nam vet :+1:
Desert storm vet myself :v:
I was just tying to give you a general rule of thumb a little more or less wonā€™t hurt

4 Likes

I never mind fellow vets talking on my little slice of learning welcome it with open arms my friends.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s cool Iā€™m a fellow vet myself sounds like me and @Countryboyjvd1971 were in at the same time. There seemā€™s to be a lot of us on here Iā€™m starting to think thereā€™s some kind of connection lol . :open_mouth:

1 Like

:thinking: could be right @tee3737
I was in between 89 and 92 :v:
And I have a feeling itā€™s more because like minded people find each other :grinning::grin::wink:

2 Likes

I must be the pup here lol I was tied down 99-06 Semper Fi til the day I die. But letā€™s be honest here my girl Mary has done more for my PTSD and the other issues associated with the rigors of some of the things some have dealt with. I can safely say no offense to any ladies on here youā€™re obviously not all the same but pot has done more to be there for me then the other ladies that seem to pass through my life cause I wake up screaming or have other tendencies to do things those who havenā€™t experienced the things a soldier would understand so I think youā€™re right my friend there is a connection its called Marijuana helps a lot of people deal with a lot of things I think for vets it should be full blown recreational no matter which state you live in. LOL but thats why im into growing pot not politics raises the blood pressure but glad I have at least a few like minded people here to converse with.

3 Likes

But on a more serious note I got another newb question guys cause i have heard it several different ways by several different people i will upload the pics so you can see but my problem is i finally got all the good lights ventilation, good hood humidity control air purification all of it and got my tent and got it set up the problem iā€™m having since I got the MH light the new growth has stopped on my plant no new nodes no new signs of new growth or leaves or anything for that matter the problem is at this stage people are telling me HPS some say MH I donā€™t know what to use I just know I dont have the money at the moment to just buy a hundred dollar full spectrum light so I can cover all my basis at the moment what I do need to know at this stage with the trauma she has had as you can see in the earlier posts in this post she split right down the middle got that tied up and natural honey put on the split,she is good and green but wont grow do I need to go back to HPS it seemed to explode with new growth when that light was on it and it was just a 125 watt light I can however go get a HPS bulb at the local hydro store for prob 25 bucks for the 400watt bulb

1 Like

Yeah I know my starting room is ghetto lol but it works well kinda reason I bought a tent but its a good place to start the girls got a 400 watt MH dimmable ballast 3 settings 250/400/supercharged(still not sure what this means lol)and also got 3 cfls in the room 5700k light out of the cfls the room is 2ā€™x2ā€™x8ā€™ I think I got about 5000+ lumens out of the cfls and about 36000 out of the 400 watt MH but this is the dilemma iā€™m having MH or HPS right now cause it seems like the growth has stopped when I changed to MH but thatā€™s what everyone I was talking to was saying so I switched to MH I just donā€™t know if the growth stopped due to trauma or wrong light please help a fellow partaker out thanks alot everyone and stay green.

I put b4 and after pics in the post the top pic is after split I cleaned all the leaves up cause they were broke and about hanging off I will just go ahead and tell you iā€™m a dumbass and my fan wasnā€™t secure where it was sitting and fell over on the plant chipper shredding it up i know iā€™m hanging my head in shame you guys donā€™t even gotta punish me iā€™m doing enough of that iā€™m so mad at myself for that cause it was my fault and that naturally makes it worse lol. Yeah that little black computer case fan what I had at the time hell I still use it, it is secured now though.

The other pots in the picture are getting ready to pop through the soil and there will be 8 more but the big one was the first and has been through alot. Would love nothing more than some help saving it making it into something.

I use leds so canā€™t help much with that but
How far are you lights away I stunted mine by being to close ? I had no growth either and backed lights off a little and the girls took off
Not sure same applies here but food for thought
Also when young they will show slow above ground growth while delveloping good root systems
Again not sure this applies here

I am new bob to all this but from what i understand unless your burning up your girls there cant be to much light but like I said iā€™m pretty new.

You can tell by the shape of leaves if your too close they will tend to curl up from side and up if light is to intense your leaves should be more flat when you have correct light distance from canopy
At least this is what Iā€™ve noticed in my grow
Hope it helps

I keep my cfls about 5 in away the 400watt MH is 18-20in away so i really donā€™t know what iā€™m doing wrong but something isnā€™t working like it was for sure but that might be cause it about got cut down but itā€™s a tough ol bird it really seemed like the HPS made more new growth but hard to tell with all thatā€™s happened to it over the past month it didnā€™t have enough lights to start with then took care of that but it took 3 weeks to get to the same point that should have taken a week but I was just learning and scouring the interwebs for info and reading it all but itā€™s definitely not for the lazy people itā€™s a lot of work you all know that.

It can definitely be that it got stressed when fan fell and cut it up give it a few days and see what happens did the top get cut off ?
They are definitely fighters and will overcome a lot
:+1:
Oh and thanks for your service my friend
I was Army myself join at 17 :flushed:Lol can you say wake up

1 Like

They seem to stay pretty flat dont ever really notice curling on the leaves. I dont over nute or over water at the same time i dont under nute or water either water her about every three days about a full cup of water just around the roots or base of plant then give it the proper nutes half strength of what the bottle says cause I use their soil as well which already has nutes in it so dont wanna over do it. But this is my first indoor grow and I have heard a lot of good things about Fox Farms products . I only use nutes about every 12 days or more.

1 Like

I use the trio and like them Iā€™m planning on getting getting full line for next grow
I had a issue with under feeding but I used 100% organic soil with no added nutts
All good now
Iā€™d guess it just stressed from the accident
Give her a little time and sheā€™ll bounce back Iā€™m sure

Yeah the top got cut off and split right down the middle it is bread tied together with some natural honey as suggested by someone on the split and tied it back together itā€™s still looking hearty just no node development. Did you check out the pics i put up to kinda see the before and after photos it had so much growth in the middle b4 the fan fell on it ,it was starting to split itself just growing the middle out.

Yeah iā€™m hoping so I just really need to get someone who knows HPS/MH lights to help me out on what I should be using at this stage.

Ok yeah then itā€™s just probably focusing on repairing damage once healed it should start up ward growth again
I broke off one of my tops not to long ago when I leans over to reach smaller plant in back
And when I did I must have snapped it off it was just hanging on but a thread no chance in saving
My plant slowed way down till it healed and then all was good had to extend my veg period buy almost a extra week and a half
I did take the broken top and Iā€™m trying to clone it
Itā€™s still green but not growing so Iā€™m assuming itā€™s rooting :wink: Been almost 2 1/2 weeks now that it happened