First Time Indoor Grower, Fem MK & Auto OgK

Hey everyone!! Captain here, and its my first time growing. So far, it has been about a week and a half, I potted the seeds around Feb 23rd and nursed them in soil. I put them in 3 gallon pots with holes and the medium is miracle grow potting mixed with Eco Scraps Organic Potting mix. I mixed because the eco scrap had vermiculite in it and I read it helps with air flow for the soil. I made a newb mistake and didn’t label my pots so I am not sure which one is which, but it is quite clear one is growing a lot better than the other. Please suggest anything you can think of. I will post a help ticket eventually, feel free to look at the pictures and tell me hat you think.

Fem Mango Kush & Auto OG Kush

3 Likes

Welcome captain! No pics? We want pics!

5 Likes

Here are the pics. The big guy is first, I’m thinking he is the OG Kush Auto but I’m not sure lol. I am starting to see some yellow appear in the top two leaves not sure if its the tap water I have been giving them, but I just learned about leaving the water out so tomorrow I will get some buckets and air stones to purify that problem. … the little guy I am guessing is the Fem Mango.

2 Likes

Here are pictures of my set up as well,

5 Likes

Looks like you’re off to a good start, captain. Though I’m a little worried that you used Miracle Grow soil which has time released nutrients in it and can burn your seedlings. I suspect that is what is causing your yellowing, but you should fill out a support ticket so we can know for certain and get you on the right track. :relaxed:

3 Likes

thanks, i will fill it out later tonight i have to run. but thanks for the support!!!

2 Likes

Welcome @CaptainMJB to the forum! You will be able to tell which plant is which in about a month, maybe less. The auto will start flowering on its own with out you having to change the light cycle. :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum glad to have you @CaptainMJB please feel free to tag any of us for help looking great :wink:

3 Likes

I think I made a mistake =( … I tried transplanting my big guy because I saw roots coming out the bottom. And instead of being smart and reading up on transplanting I tried doing it myself and now I am scared I may have shocked the plant. … Will keep you posted with in the next couple of days on what happens. Shoooot!!

It’s okay, @CaptainMJB, it’s pretty normal for a little shock after transplanting. I’m guessing you weren’t very gentle, but don’t worry, they bounce back. You were right to transplant if you saw roots out the bottom. :relaxed:

hey all, here’s an update. I watered them and left them alone for 2 days to see what would happen. The little guy is growing a lot more now, still small and not as many leaves as the big guy though.
The big guy started drooping and some spots appeared on the bigger leaves, i am guessing that’s from the shock.

Are you Ph-ing your water? What’s the Ph?

i just got a tester, i will test it right now. let me calibrate

@raustin ph reads

Run off (sitting 2 days): 5.1-5.3
Tap water fresh: 6.4-6.7

I thought so. Okay, hun, you need to get that Ph up to 6.3 minimum, or anywhere between 6.3 - 6.8. I think you’re having some nutrient lockup. What soil did you use for your transplant? I think it might be a little hot, but let’s fix this Ph first.

2 Likes

Hey im growing an OgK auto too and i use some pro-mix soil and after I transplented it with some miraclegrow soil i noticed some yellowing a the sides of the leaves ans maybe some brown spot at the very end of some leaves maybe nute burns?!?or ph is maybe not right i dont know yet I dont have a pH meter!..15209846232981176395583|374x500

Hey, @Countryboyjvd1971, this poor plant was transplanted and looks like it needs some fixing. What do you think?

1 Like

Hi there, @420happygrow, welcome to the forum, but you should really start your own thread so we can help you. Do you know how to do that?

Well i would say that the out of range ph has taken a toll on them @raustin
What type of soil are we dealing with ?
And are we feeding ?
what is the ppm and ph of run off @CaptainMJB

1 Like