First time indoor GMO's

How do they look ? They 12 weeks old. I have had them on 24 light, Sensi-grow A&B, Sensi- mag. I have them in 24 hr. dark and then 12&12 to begin flower. I planned on going to Sensi-Bloom A&B and Big bud. I would love some feedback from any and all. This is my first grow so be gentle, lol.

2 Likes

The plants are looking happy!

Hopefully you have some ceiling space because they’re going to stretch a lot. Also might want to consider cleaning up the bottom of the plant of leaves and small branches that don’t receive good light. Concentrate on the top half of the plant. You’ll be happy you did.

Have a great day.

1 Like

I have closet setup, so there is plenty of height room. I read so much on defoliating and I still don’t know what is right. One says don’t and another says do.I was going to wait and see if any bud sites needed help from shade.it’s hard to know who’s right.you know ?

1 Like

Sorry if it sounded like I was telling you what to do. I wouldn’t like that either.

For me I perfer to clean them up. It focuses the plants energy to the top of the plants. It makes for bigger and tighter head buds. The lower buds that don’t have good light exposure will be what they call larfy bud. Still good bud but small and loose and they take energy away from the tops of the plants.

This being your first grow maybe let her go and see what happens. It’s all a learning experience. In the end you’ll have some good weed to smoke regardless.:v:

Oh no, I didn’t mean it that way, I meant there are so many articles on both views it confuses people. I am very grateful for your advice. I am going to take more pics when the 24 hr dark is complete so you can see how I have the lights. I have cfls on the floor around the plants to help. I would really like to hear if I am helping them so please let me know what you think. And what do think about the 24 hr dark thing ? I’ve been on 24 hr. from the very 1st day.

I’ve heard of people giving the plants 24 hours of dark before the flip but have never done that. Same with running lights at 24 hours a day. It’s natural for them to rest. I’ve run my lights at a 18 6 schedule and a 16 8 schedule. I didn’t notice a big difference in plant growth. Also I’m too cheap to run my lights 24 7.:laughing:

I understand being cheap, the main reason I did 24 on was due to not having good lighting. I use cfls and just got a cheap led that I think is not what it said it was. So I’m just giving them as much as I can. Does that make sense ? Lol.

1 Like

I am growing for people who have medical cards and I am their caregiver. I have 7 people that I help with going to the dispensary and different strains and everything else associated with medical marijuana that would help them. Most are veterans that don’t know much about marijuana until they need it . anyway, I do this free of charge for them so my budget for growing is pretty thin. And the best part of this is, I don’t smoke it or use it at all. I am really loving the growing part though !

2 Likes

Sure does. Do what you have to do.

Navigating lights can be tricky. I can’t remember where I read this, probably something @dbrn32 the light guru posted. I learned a lot reading his posts. Don’t look at the wattage claims. Look for how many actual watts the light draws. Some of those 1000 watt claims actually only draws 150 watts or less. For a 4x4 space I like to have about 500 actual watts.

If the time to upgrade comes look into the Horticulture Lighting Group. They are a bit pricey but worth every penny. I got lucky with my Amazon lights as far a actual draw is concerned but both of them started to not work right about halfway through the second grow.

1 Like

:raising_hand_man: a veteran in need of help :sweat_smile::see_no_evil:

Good case and good growing :v:

They look good and happy. I noticed some small issues on some leaves. I am not the right one to help you but the guys will undoubtedly.

1 Like

My hats off to you. Seven people is a lot to grow for. That’s one of my favorite parts about growing. I love helping people out for medical purposes. That’s why I originally started to grow.