First time indoor cannabis grow

I’ve been buying weed for 16 years and I’m finally over it. I dropped the big buck earlier this year for a decent setup and dedicated a room to growing some top tier flowers…eventually :grin:

To start, setup includes:
-5x5 gorilla gro tent
-GC ROI-e720 LED on timer
-Reptifogger(inside tent) plugged into controller
-2 clip on fans circulating air, 6"
-6" jetfan w/ controller for intake(floor level)
-6" dust shroom on intake
-6" jetfan w/ controller for exhaust(top, inside)
-6" carbon filter on exhaust
-6" damper outside exhaust fan
-6" to 4" ducting converter
-4" ac infinity ducting ran 8ft to outside
-intake/exhaust fans timed (1m on/3m off)
-6000btu portable a/c outside tent set at 75°F
-both windows covered and sealed 1.5" foam
-2 x 20lb Co2 tanks controlled @ 1000-1200ppm
-150 seeds ~half fem, half auto ready to go…even got my grubby hands on a pack of pink certz from compound!

4/20/21 started my practice round, which is what’s falling apart now :dizzy_face:

-germination— pellets, heated 1020 prop. dome
-used orca @ 1 drop/new seed in pellet(4"pot)
-transplanted to 3 gallon fabric pots around day 8
-added ~10% rinsed perlite to happy frog
-used mycos mychorizal (dry)when transplanting
-running 18/6, 6pm-Noon day, Noon-6pm night
-daytime— temps 85-86° rh 30-50% (set @ 50)
-nighttime— temps 74-75° rh 30-40%

Nutrients–
Got the humboldts secret line and have been feeding low dosage off feed chart, maybe half as often as it says too.

Water–
My watering needs work. Currently just filling 5-8 gallon jugs at the water store every week to 10 days. Got blue labs ph tester. 6.5 my water with a drop of ph down usually then add nutrients and shake for a minute and test again…usually right at 6.5 still. I try to water enough so a little comes out the bottom but I usually end up getting a lot coming out…Then I’ll skip a day of watering to dry it out good. the humidity reading does creep down to 26-28% sometimes when it’s out of water too.
I know I must be doing some things wrong! I am 3 ed rosenthal books deep and continuing to learn as much as I can thru practice and observation. I’ll post some pictures of the progress from 4/20 to now as soon as I figure out how​:call_me_hand:t3::drooling_face:

2 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

These 2 pics are the Pink Certz seed from compound genetics. Not much vertical growth??
Popped seed 5/9/21

Plant 1

Plant 2

Plant 3

Plant 4

Autoflower (big bud) popped 5/9/21

1 Like

Going hard into the unknown has its price
support-ticket

I came up with the ILGM “Support Ticket” in order to help new members a way to provide the necessary information to the community mentors, and expert staff.

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

You’ve done a fabulous job of setting up a really good environment. Your plants look a little hungry. The one thing I would suggest is getting yourself a PPM meter and managing nutrients according to the plants’ need according to their growth stage.

3 Likes

I agree with @MidwestGuy, they look hungry.

1 Like

Thanks for the praise and tip. I had help with the setup😁 I ordered a 200 pack of 30ml tubettes that have 5ml markings for adding nutes to my gallons but maybe theres a better way? Kinda tough when it asks for 1ml or 3ml… also I have placed my fabric pots in risers in order to collect drainage water individually, but then am I not overwatering to get a reading, which would in turn be a false reading? overthinking things is my usual downfall.

I try to stay on the low end of the chart they offer (below) and ph before and after adding nutes to my gallons. Attempting to follow a (feed/water/water/feed etc) some occassional days I dont water them at all if the happy frog still looks damp on top

Usually I give them a nutrient gallon between all 6 plants and then a 6.5ph water gallon, trying to avoid much run off but maybe it’s too heavy…

Btw (5 - 3gal fabric, 1 - 5gal)

I use 10ml syringes with 10 gauge blunt tip needles to measure out my nutes.

I use the Fox Farm Trio. I don’t follow the schedule as it is too aggressive and leads to nute burn. A typical feeding I include:

5ml of Grow Big
6ml of Big Bloom
8 ml of Tiger Bloom (when in flowering.) Only 3ml when in veg.
5ml of the FF cal/mag product.

I grow in 10 gal pots and this keeps PPMs in the 800 to 1,000 range. I turn up the volume a bit when in flower and try to run PPM at 1,200 to 1,400.

It looks like you are using Jack’s? I’m sure someone else will come along and give a Jack’s specific answer.

2 Likes

Much appreciated guy! :+1:t2:
Am using humboldt secret supplies line,
have not heard of Jack’s.

I returned the blue labs ppm/ec tester cause I’m too dumb to figure out how it works. Do you test the soil or water? Before/after feeding? Guess I’ll re order a ‘ppm tester’

Eventually I wanted to do a drip system but watering and nutrients are twisting my mind and stretching my patience these last few weeks.

My buddy gifted me seeds from banana kush plant that hermed probably due to high heat so my seeds are hermy babies and he said the banana were more yellowish green in leaf color…

As far as the tubes or pipettes, I got them cause the golden tree is like a thick poop sludge so i wanted a throw away option but maybe I’ll get some 10ml syringes for the clear nutes. You reuse glass ones or buy plastic throwaways?

I use plastic ones and they usually last a few months before replacement is needed.

I test the runoff from the pot immediately after a feeding.

3 Likes

Found ya. Haha. A good way to tag is @ then the name. Like @BoomScootBudz

That pH meter is VERY important and probably got u in this situation lol. Lockouts make it so plants cannot use the nutrients available.

No I wouldnt go nuclear, u dont want to swing the pendelum too far the ipposite direction. How long has it been since they went into flower?

1 Like

Nice haha just wanted to make sure I’m not posting ghost stories to myself :raised_hands:t2:

She started flowering between 4-5 weeks old so I wanna say preflower was like 3-4 weeks ago and I didnt really treat her different or go heavy on any nutes, just tried to follow the low end side of flowering feed schedule.

1 Like

I see what u mean though with the meter, that will tell me when the run off is getting low in nutrients right and then allow me to not put in to hot of a solution…

Thanks for all the info!! I get headaches if I read too long on the phone so it can be hard to filter thru the thousands of posts but I’m getting there🤙🏼

2 Likes

Lol ghost stories. Yea i saw the traffic has been low. Give it time and keep establishing yourself.

Journals are more helpful to new growers as a timeline then the popularity contests theyve become. But alas more people = more goodness for ILGM. Double edged swords right?

That timeline gives you plenty of time to add to the soil. Id feed her around 75% for bloom (NPK, bloom has higher second n third number P and K) and maybe 50% of the veg supplement.

Got pics of what ur using? Too lazy to scroll lol

2 Likes

O its an info overload. Im 3 years in and constantly finding lil stuff to tweak and add or remove. Dont fret.

Ppm meters tell the amount of ‘hotness’ in ur soil.

PH meters tell the pH of the solution. We (reefer growers) prefer to test the solutions (before pouring and of the runoff) because the soil is harder to get a good read on. Slurry tests are better for that (taking a cup of soil n bottled of distilled water, then mixing and letting sit overnight to test).

But cannabis (in soil) has the most nutrients available between 6.3-6.8 pH. If u get out of that range lockouts can and will occur and some nutes wont be available. U always check nutrient solutions before pouring to make sure itll be available. Then check runoff from the plant to make sure the rootzone in in the range.

Same with ppms. If ur mixture is 600 but the plant has 1800+ left in the soil? She’s going to get hot. Tips of leaves may show tip burn. Other nutes can also be locked out from an abundance of one. So its a line to walk.

Follow?

1 Like

Processing: 16256900542614256329700752196463.jpg…

1 Like

1 Like

Whew! And which of their myriad of feed schedules were u attempting to follow?

1 Like