First time indoor auto grow and other DIY stuff

That looks really good, glad you got it all finished up. I remember following along while you was building it. I believe it will serve you well.

2 Likes

Yes it was in ghetto grows thread :joy: it came out pretty well. The hanging cabinet for the seedling/cloning cabinet worked nice hanging it. Gives me 24x14x36 of usable space.

Youā€™re going to love Gelato and pineapple haze. Bomb strains I would grow again. (Except the pineapple I didnā€™t grow that one it was someone elseā€™s fire though)

1 Like

Pic above with doors closed looks like you can see light around edges. If light can get out, light will get in. Maybe install apron around doorway with some weatherstrip?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a work in progress. I have put weather stripping around the inside of the door and is better. I also have a tarp I can put up for now with hooks so its easy on and off and pretty much the exact size of the front of the room.
It will only be a problem when the weather gets nice.
We donā€™t park any cars that leave daily so that helps.
Believe me when I say I been up at least a couple hours thinking about how to light proof the rest of the waY. :laughing:

1 Like

Canā€™t wait. NL I havenā€™t had for a while. Pineapple I havenā€™t had. The Gelato is good and have had plenty of that and loved it.

1 Like

I used the shiney tape hvac techs use to seal ducts on all my seams and around the electrical cables. I also made a flap thatā€™s weighted at the bottom for the air intake. I havenā€™t sealed the door yet but I didnā€™t think it would be a big deal since I was growing autos. @dbrn32 should we worry about small light leaks when running autos?

2 Likes

Seems to be plenty of people that could do so without issue, but thereā€™s also plenty of examples of some running into issues with light leaks or long light periods as well.

2 Likes

This just came my current heater I been using will not work with a thermostat.
Everytime power is cut to it it needs a person to manually touch the power on button. So needed a replacement. Found this which at 500w is low power and it osilates 25Ā° its 3 inches wide so will fit under my wire shelves blowing heat underneath the bottom of my girls.
Have a reptile mat thermostat that I can use to set it to turn of and back on without having to turn on manually. One step closerā€¦

1 Like

Thx @dbrn32, all your experience and help is always is greatly appreciated. :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

Can also stand upright so will see how it fits in the room woohoo

1 Like

I donā€™t know if you are going to lower your lights but I think they will stretch like crazy with where they are at in the photo.

1 Like

Will play it by ear. They both have dimmers so I can adjust the intensity.
With autos I feel like they will do whatever they want regardless of how far the lights are away from them. With having 550 watts there is no shortage of light intensity. Will experiment and report here on my findings.

The spacing between the nodes will tell you.

2 Likes

Ok cool I will post pics in a couple of days. The girls looked good today. They are on ā€œroot stretchā€ phase so the foliage isnā€™t much different from a couple days ago. The next node has shown itself (node2) and by Friday should have a little more foliage. I will need opinions on where the lights should be for sure. Appreciate your time @beardless

Room and plants look great! I was thinking the same thing as @beardless about stretch. You can control stretch in autos as well. They will flower when they want to but you can control node spacing with your lights.
Iā€™m growing a gelato auto for the first time. Heard it was good smoke but never tried it myself.
Got plenty of really good people and growers here to help you along the way. Iā€™ll be following along :sunglasses:

1 Like

Right now this is the plan when the babies get to the 5th node. Will also do some training after the topping.

3 Likes

After reading some posts on foxtailing I decided to call it a day on the plant I brought inside after starting outside. Probably stressed from being in a cold garage prior to the box being built.
So the question I have is I want to run the lights at 18/6 should I change it straight away?
Or work up to that maybe? Any input will be helpful. Thanks :pray:

the mars hanging height from ledgrowlightsdepot.
bloom plus will be similar.
You will need to figure out what to do with the tall plant vs the seedlings. If you set light height for the tall one it will really mess up the seedlings. I guess, separate them as much as possible. Use one light over the seedlings and one over the tall one. Hopefully the tall one does need a lot more time.

2 Likes

Here are the babies today. Looks like I have a NL that doesnā€™t look good. 5 out of 6 ainā€™t bad.
Iā€™m going to switch to 18/6 when I get home today. Happy hump day!

1 Like