First time indoor and with autoflower

The strain is super lemon haze (auto). It came from ilgm. I have a 4x4x6’11 grow tent. I have a spider farmer sf 4000 led light. I feel pretty good other than the slip of the soil. They’re not quite a month old and I lost about 2 weeks of growth trying to figure out why they stopped growing and then slowly turned yellow. I went and bought fox farms ocean forest soil mix along with their foliage feed. I believed the problem to be manganese deficiency based off multiple photos and comparisons when researching the problem. This is about 10 days after transplant and the most recent pictures. Thought I’d drop some photos and I’m always open to tips. I was worried about topping them with all the stress they were under. And being autos I read that’s not good to do even with LST. But everyone has their own way. I’m always open to hear other tips and constructive criticisms.

2 Likes

These were before the transplant and was right before they started turning yellow. Growth had been stunted and I was curious as to why. I was so stressed I think I forgot to take photos as I was more concerned about just trying to save them in between a busy life. These are the best before pics and are probably about 20 days old

Wow! I’m not sure what to say. Looks a little dry. Maybe @nicky can help with this one. Download a grow ticket and give info. To me, your question leads to several more.

I water once a day. 1 liter bottle split between 2 buckets. And I have four 5 gallon bucket . I pour water in about 2-3 inches away from stalk now… When I stick my finger in the dirt about 2 inches, the soil was still moist from being watered this morning when I just checked before I posted. I can water again but I figured a liter per bucket would be too much.

When they were small, I used an 8 oz bottle (on spritz) per bucket twice a day. I used natural spring water that’s been tested and we were told it’s the cleanest and best tasting water the government tester had tasted in his career. I germinated the seeds in a cup of water in darkness. I had a seedling mix on top with a layer of organic raised garden bed dirt. They did good in the seedling mix but when the roots hit the raised dirt portion of dirt, something in it stunted their growth. Which prompted me to run all over Gods green earth to get the fox farms soil. I

1 Like

And please ask any questions.
The PH of the original soil I had was 6.3. Which was why I could not figure out why the growth was stunted and then the veins in the leaves started turning black and then slow yellowing kicked in. Based off my searches of multiple articles and graphs, I concluded it to be manganese deficiency. I went and bought both fox farm soil and foliage fed with 1% manganese. The feed is fox farm bush doctor flowers kiss foliage plant food. I noticed the plants got better after the feeding only to again reverse course a couple days after feeding which then prompted me to transplant. Since being under stress for 2 weeks in bad soil and a transplant, I’m happy to see them grow and quite fast to my surprise. I thought it wouldn’t recover like this. The budding plant in the above picture has a couple yellow spots on some leaves but the green is returning to them and it’s still good growth so that’s why I haven’t trimmed them off. Please feel free to ask any questions and I’ll try my best to answer them!

3 Likes

@TheVirginian thanks for your like. I’ve seen some of your postings. I’m in the blue ridge mountains as well so it’s cool to see another person in the region on here. I’m definitely going to be doing outdoor next year and want to grow some 12 footers and I’ve read some of you outdoor advice. I’ve done outdoor and grown to about 6 feet. Though for now this is me trying my hand at indoors. Here are some pictures from this morning for anyone interested.

2 Likes

no probs, also always welcoming feeling to see a fellow Virginian for me too :slight_smile: Sure is nice to have a reprieve this week of those nasty hot/humid temps! I live on the James River and we floated over the weekend and even after that 9" deluge we got in that one storm last week it has receded to SUCH low levels and made the float take a lot longer than normal. Fish weren’t biting well either but I had a RELAXING float so don’t take it as complaining :wink: that’s why they call it FISHING, and not CATCHING. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t been on the river all year. I’m like 35 mins away from the James at Buchanan and about the same distance for balcony. I’m not much of a flat water person. I like them rapids and high waters and the adrenaline that comes with swift water. So what do you think about that grow? Anything you see from the leaves or discolorations? My ph is good and my light is for 5x5 veg and 4x4 flower. Spider farmer sf4000. They’re in 5 gallon buckets. I don’t have temp and humidity gauges but I can guess with accuracy it’s around 78-81 degrees and low humidity. I lost some time with those autos for shit dirt, about 2 weeks. Do you have experience with autos or LST techniques or should I wait for that kind of stress next cycle? I’ve learned my lesson for dirt. Nothing but fox farms ocean forest mix from here on out. Those pics are also a day old from a feeding. The first pics are on Friday. Does the growth look good? I think so but I’d rather compare notes lol.

1 Like

I DO have “experience” with LST, but only because i’ve crash coursed myself in numerous tactics/techniques this first go around with my ladies, lol. I DO NOT have experience with AFs though and some here say DON’T LST or top them but some here are expert AF growers and DO, with AWESOME results. do what feels comfortable but most importantly ASK QUESTIONS , and those who are knowledgeable will either GET tagged into it to assist or may see it and answer on their own readings/doings :slight_smile: I’m on the “worry-wart” feeling nearly, because of reading a thread here about FF soils being inconsistent, some containing thrip larvae and other larvae of not-canna friendly creepy-crawlers and flyers

Without knowing the humidity and air temp, all the other info should be in one of the other posts above. These autos are going in to their 6th week since germination. I’m still getting growth but they’re still not tall due to the initial dirt. I know my mistakes and am excited to see the height I’ll have on the next cycle. Anyways, they still look good.

1 Like

My informal experience with FF is good. I’ll let you know how the next bag I get works with the second cycle.

1 Like

I know this is a crap first journal. My second go around will be much more detailed. Until then, here’s a few pics if anyone is actually looking at this lol

2 Likes

@TheVirginian they’re doing well! Check them out. Maybe when they’re done, I would consider paddling the James and sharing a toke if it isn’t too cold.

2 Likes

maybe by then i’ll have edibles down to a science. I plan on taking “no bake cookies” and making them “YES bakes” :smiley:

3 Likes

Hahaha word. I’ve never had an edible mess me up. And I’ve tried several. From dispensaries to home made. I had a brownie that had like 5 or 6 servings in it. It was huge. It was given to me because I said the same thing to them, to you. It was from a dispensary. I ate the entire thing at once and still didn’t feel anything. No couch lock, hunger, sleepy. Nothing. I swear I have a 100 percent tolerance to edibles.

I was like that at first too. Ropes, nerds, gummies, cookies, NOTHING did it. Finally found a particular CANDY BAR (mmmm, lol) that WORKED!!! My “dude” can’t get them anymore…lol FML. NOW though, i have a new neighbor, and i don’t know WHAT she does, but her gummies??? HOLY smacktarded Batman…they WORK WELL!! lol. I’m smiling RIGHT NOW because i know they’re coming up again in just 2 days :slight_smile: I DO know she uses some “emulsifier” i think the word she used was, and it brings out the THC more without using as much product. Whatever she does, it WORKS! I eat a gummy and get on the kayak and won’t catch a fish, lose half my tackle to snags, burn like bacon in a fire under the sun, and still be smiling from ear to ear when i get to the public landing several hours down river :smiley: she’s my new best friend!!! LOL

2 Likes

That sounds like a good friend.
I’m interested in how you make yours and if you get tips from your friend. Would you mind keeping me updated on your progress and process? And that sounds like a good time. I’d still be cussing mad over my gear if I lost it lol.

i haven’t EVEN begun. They’re new neighbors. bought LAND ONLY (102ac) across the creek from me and only come up to ride motos on the trails and to float/fish. they don’t have a house built there yet. I CRASH COURSE learned a LOT of stuff this first time through growing. Cloning (which i’m TRYING to accomplish now) and edibles are the next things on the list to learn but trying to successfully harvest what i’ve done this year so far first :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve read the guides that came with ilgm. All the questions I had I found in those online guides.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be to afraid to try out some training , I have done aggressive LST to my autos and they always bounce right back as long as you do it as early as possible

That is one of my zkiddlez auto from ilgm

3 Likes