First time hydro grower (White Widow AF from ILGM)

I posted about my first grow a bit in another thread, but I am unable to upload photos there anymore, and it was sort of turning into a grow journal anyway. Thank you to @Covertgrower, @ItsPat, @Cannabian, @Jay77 and @Jstar for their time in that thread. All the advice I got put me on the right path!

So, here’s grow attempt number 4:

grow

This is the first one that ever survived past the seedling stage. Little did I know, I was kneecapping myself with poor quality water and pH issues. Many of the people mentioned above stepped up and gave me awesome advice.

What I’m Using:

• GH Flora Trio (Half the strength of what the bottle recommends)
  • CalMag
  • R/O Water
  • Bluelab pH Controller (pH Down mode)

I will add more data as time permits.

7 Likes

Looking good there! You’ll be enjoying one of these full of that girl in a few months its looking like!

4 Likes

Following this one now.

1 Like

Giphy to the rescue:

3 Likes

and a better detail shot:

5 Likes

is that cat whacking off?

2 Likes

Lol, sleeping.

4 Likes

Looks like its playing with itself on my phone :laughing:

3 Likes

Looks like you have it dialed in. She looks good.

3 Likes

Thanks to all people as well as masturbating cats for their feedback!

2 Likes

Lmao @TheCat

I’m following along. Ask away if you need anything.

1 Like

@BetrayedSoul @Cannabian @Covertgrower @nmgrower

3 Likes

Today is the first day that the spiky things started showing up on the roots. Pretty rad! Also, I’m germinating some tomato seeds to grow in my other hydro setup.

And a requisite “felt cute, might delete later” canopy shot because I’m bored:

I hope everyone is doing well!

2 Likes

what water were you using before?

I was using tap water that ended up already being at an incredibly high 400ppm, and my pH was all over the place as well. Major nutrient uptake issues were the result. In the previous thread, it was recommended that I get an R/O system, which I did get along with a pH controller. Lastly, I switched to DWC. Now everything is carrying on quite nicely!

2 Likes

nice! my tap is 200ppm but i have a smallboy from hydrologics that gets it to around 160ppm.
trying to get the stealthy RO conversion kit soon, hopefully the 160ppm wont be too bad for the seedlings until i get the RO conversion

1 Like

One great piece of advice I got about R/O water is to make sure to add enough CalMag to get those things back up to normal levels in the water. R/O is amazing at letting you start from a nice baseline, but it also removes a ton of stuff that is actually useful!

Sorry if you already knew this, but it was a big lightbulb moment for me that ended up solving all my issues down the line!

1 Like