First time harvest looking for a second opinion

First time grower and after some ups and downs Harvest seems to be around the corner. seed supplier claims mid September but from what I’ve heard that’s unreliable. I’m about half a week into flushing with most pistils about half browning and under the scope the trichomes are mostly cloudy. unfortunately my scope doesn’t allow for good pictures but these are the best I could take. I was thinking about chopping this weekend or some time next week and I’m just looking for a second opinion from some of the pros.

9 Likes

I’m not experienced enough to offer opinion. (In fact, I posted the same inquiry myself a few days ago.)

But, may I ask what strains that pretty purple-haired plant is? It’s beautiful.

Yes that is stunning and I want

Nuken from bc seedking, shishaberry x God bud I believe

3 Likes

You still have a little bulk phase to go wait till 20% amber trichomes
Now is the time to spike the stalk and give ice baths till you harvest

2 Likes

IMO you have 3 to 4 weeks. If you start a flush now the plant will starve. How about filling out a Support Ticket so we can see exactly your setup:

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

5 Likes

Girls are outdoor in 10 gal fabric pots I’ve had some issues in flower with some salt buildup and lockout to the point I lost so many fan leaves they pretty much lollipopped themselves. I flushed once with a flushing agent but if you think I have that much longer to go should I go back and feed bloom nutes or just water plain phd until I get to 20% amber?

1 Like

This is where the Support Ticket is useful. Are you in soil or media? Did you do a runoff test to see how depleted (or not) your soil is? What soil? If you have a runoff like 1,000 ppm then I’d say plain water but I suspect they could use a bit of supplementing to get across the finish line. How about an overall picture? (That figure of 20% amber–was that looking at sugar leaves or bud calyxes?)

I go by bud cylax for the 20% amber trichomes

I have to agree with @Myfriendis410. Those look to be a few weeks from being done.
They are quite beautiful at this stage, but they will bulk up much much more.
You may be risking half your harvest weight if you cut now.

3 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t mention that. I love the colors you are getting. Have you been having cooler nights lately?

1 Like

Someone else should chime in on this, but the brown pistils dont look like normal older pistils. They look burned. They typically brown all the way and not just on the tips. Certain bug and fungus sprays can do this.
I really do not think the pistils are browning yet. Something else seems to be burning them.

This is a blow up of pic #3…circle added around what i see

2 Likes

They’re in a regular potting soil the issues I’ve had with the leaf loss has slowed but hasn’t quite stopped and will probable speed up after the flush I did I’ll check the runoff to see how the soil is but I’m worried they won’t make it all the way through if I keep losing leaves, the plants are pretty sparse as is. That may also be the problem with the burnt looking pistils mentioned, that with the cold nights. Just hope they can stick it out a few more weeks

1 Like

Fill out that support ticket and we can help better

1 Like
  • What strain, Seed bank nuken
  • Method: potting soil
  • Vessels: Pots 10 gal fabric
  • water ph fed and watered at 6.6
  • ppm of bloom feed was 750 ish but has been stopped
  • Outdoor
  • Light system no lights (sun)
  • Temps; Day 20-25 night 10-14
  • Humidity; Humid for the next few days due to rain bust usually around 50 and more humid at night
  • Ventilation system; No
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no
  • Co2; , No

There is a part that talks about nutrients becoming unavailable below 18 degrees.
Perhaps this is why your leaves are yellowing.

2 Likes

Here’s some full shots of the plants the mostly yellow one seems to be a different strain and the leaves on the others continue to die some of the nudes even are losing sugar leaves now. I might be looking at an early harvest and if so how much will that impact poetency. We’re having some wet weather here the past few days and I’m starting to get concerned about Mold forming.