First time growing White widow auto input please

Hello! Currently growing for the first time just would like some growmies out there to give there input if need be not giving nutes yet only 16 days old watering every other to every 3 days currently in 1gal pot

8 Likes

Hello @Domdom86! Welcome!
I’ll be honest I’m relatively new here too but there’s some great people on here with great advice. You’ll be in good hands.
One thing I have learned is you need to watch the soil ph, do you have anything to measure that with?
Is that soil and perlite you’re using?

I’m thinking you might need to upgrade pot size soon but we’ll wait for the experts to weigh in on that.

But good luck! Looks great so far imo so I’ll tag along if you don’t mind? :smile:

CJ. :v:

3 Likes

I pretty much have everything I need I just wanted fellow growers input on size for the age so on and so forth

2 Likes

@Domdom86 Yeah it looks good!
If you’re in soil you’re generally correct not be giving nutes yet and watering schedule is about right for its age too.

I think you’ll want to start low stress training very soon. There’s tons of links on this forum that will take you to some great videos to show you how.

What’s your environment like? Temp, Rh, ph etc?

Good luck, it looks promising at this stage!

CJ. :v:

1 Like

Temp fluctuate between 79 and 81 daytime and a steady 73 at nighttime humidity stays between 55&60% day and night in ph’n my water at 6.5 no more no less using 2 Mars hydro ts600 with a back up 1200 watt led

4 Likes

All sounds pretty peachy to me!
I’ll call in some second opinions though…
@Se7en @Spiney_norman @Mark0427

3 Likes

Look at you @CalamityJane giving out grow advice. I love it. That’s exactly how you progress.
And your advice is spot on. @Domdom86 Yes your plants look very good. Probably time to transplant into the final container. You dont want to slow down an autoflower as its on a timetable to flower and it can be stunted by transplant shock if you wait too long. Once the leaves begin to grow past the rim on the starting container its time to transplant. Jane has you covered on the other items.
Welcome to the forum and happy growing.

5 Likes

@Spiney_norman I know, right!
Who’d have thought, little ol’ me sharing advice. Reassuring to know some things have stuck! :joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Welcome bud. I curently have ilgm w.w. autos going 2 if them one under hlg lights and 1 under a mh wing and 2 600 w growstar blurples. They stretched out super bad at the beginning so i just left them go. One is 6 feet tall the other is like 5 9. I do have another seed in a cup just put in day before yesterdsy so hopefully soon to break ground if they didnt. I did not look yet. I will keep u posted on the ones i have going now i believe i am yanking one in a bit and gonna leave the other a bit longer it looks a bit behind but the one thats done has had lights on for 7 days strait to try and get a clone to reveg. I also have 2 zkittlez almost done well one is one almost same situation but the one thats done foxtailed like crazy. Ill tag u on my page about to put up pics and all of what im about to start. @Domdom86

2 Likes

I need to understand more about this ‘foxtailing’ I’ve seen it mentioned a few times but I don’t really get it from the pics. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @CalamityJane!

@Domdom86, really nice looking start. I’d have to agree with @Spiney_norman that it’s probably a good time to go ahead and transplant to final container. Try to make sure the medium is a bit more on the dry side as it will help allow the medium to fall off the roots easier.

Also, set to watching. Keep up the good work bud!

3 Likes

Awesome thanks

@CalamityJane. This is all i can give u to explain it. The best pic i have or seen so far. But how the piece is popped out the top. Well sometimes itll do that all around the bud. Itll look like it has spikes kind of. Instead of a unique form

2 Likes

Repot now into a 5 gal. I was given 4 ILGM white widows, and I’ve never grown autos before. I used 3 gal plastic pots, and I wished I used 5 gal. I did lst. Here’s mine day 65 today.

10 Likes

Nice!! I will be transplanting before my next water into 5Gal pots for sure thanks so much guys!!

Right, I think I see… so basically that extra nodule growing right at the top? Soz if I’m being thick… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s when the calyxes start growing right on top of each other, rather than the normal bunch of calyxes - sugar leaf - calyxes - sugar leaf - etc.

2 Likes

Yeah I just read up a bit more but I couldn’t really understand what it was in the pics I was meant to be looking at, I get it now.
Thanks guys! :blush:

1 Like

Its linda crazy. Heat will do it for sure. 2 auto now got it from the heat im that room. It stays a goid 76 to 85 easy all day and prommy in the 70s still all night.

1 Like

Is that like another type of ‘Karen’? :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes