First time growing photos

OK… First time trying to grow feminized photos. I recently reconfigured my tent and when I set up the lights on the timer I didn’t realize that the timer was set to on all the time so the plants have been on a 24/0 schedule for their first three weeks. If I switch to a 18/6 now will that potentially cause them to start flowering or maybe hermie? Thanks for any input.

2 Likes

No not at all. Go ahead and fix that timer. Veg timing isnt super important as long as its 18+ hours. U get herm playing with light times while in flower

7 Likes

I start mine 24 and 0 for three weeks then go to 18/6 then 12/12. I’ve never had any issues knock on wood.

5 Likes

Awesome! Thanks guys. Been doing autos but getting frustrated with the genetics. Some do really well and others are just a disappointment. Hoping to get better buds and higher yields with photos.

5 Likes

No problem. Yup photos offer much higher yields simply because u get to make em flower at ur time.

Best of luck and keep em green

5 Likes

Photos aren’t as scary to grow, I am on week 7 flower tomorrow of my first indoor grow. If I can help, hit me up.

@PurpNGold74 how you been?

4 Likes

Life is lovely man! Just getting my sealegs back. Been living in the new comments all week. Miss actually helping.

Hows it going your way? Happy Early Memorial Day broham. In case i disappear again. Shout out to the other Vets as well. :raised_hands:t5::facepunch:t5:

3 Likes

@PurpNGold74 we been good. Got into an accident with a drunk driver Feb 7th, going in for surgery 28th of this month to replace a blown out disc from the accident. Other than that, we been living one day at a time.

Dang homie… cant like that. Prayers for a soeedy recovery though!

2 Likes

I have only grown photos and personally love them. I’m currently getting about 3-4 ounces per photo plant. You’re in the right place for advice.

2 Likes

@registereduser I’m all in on the photos. After results like this, I might not go back to autos although I did like the ability to grow several strains at a time.

This girl was vegged 8 weeks, she now has a 2x2 foot canopy. Hoping for at least 10oz from her.

9 Likes

wow that’s a monster, good job

1 Like

I got 6.5 ounces from my last auto. I’ve been averaging around 4.5 with the exception of a Bergmans gold leaf auto which only produced 1.5 ounces. I’m growing a Bergmans gold leaf photo in this run with two Banana Kush’s. The gold leaf is already off to a questionable start with an odd asymmetric leaf pattern. Thanks for all the input everybody.

1 Like

Nice looking plant! What strain?

Strain is ILGM LSD.

1 Like

nice!!! that’s dang good for an auto

1 Like

It was an ILGM Lowryder in autopots using prescription blend nutrients. All of the leaves were still green at harvest. One of the easiest strains I’ve grown so far.

heck ya!! I’m growing some bubblegum that is in week 8 flower and just now browning. The other tent is same age with sativas and they look fine, weird how different strains act.

1 Like

24 hours is fine I prefer 18 , but as long you are not in flower you are good :relieved:

1 Like

Ok update on my journey into photos. Just starting week seven of veg. How long do most of you guys keep them in veg? Gave them a pretty heavy defoliation after this pic. Giant leaves everywhere, so needed to open up the center and the bottom for light and circulation. They’re in coco and autopots using Prescription Blend Nutrients. Any tips are appreciated.

2 Likes