First time growing pains

@GreenCoat
I don’t have worm tea but that sounds like a smart idea! I’ll look into that!

1 Like

Well I got rid of the real bad looking plant. Not too worried since I didn’t pay for the seeds. Watching these clones though, they seem to be yellowing a bit but no drooping like before so I don’t think it’s watering related. For this I’m looking more at my ph and gave them a spray with some water corrected to around the range you recommended @GreenCoat. No tea yet but getting my read on to dial that in now.
first one is my agent orange. Not looking bad but nothing really happening growth-wise. Only been in there 2 days so just patiently waiting.

Next up is the ogk. This one has been yellowing since being put in soil. Lights raised and ph correction will hopefully do the trick.

Last and maybe least the last remaining bag seed. Was slower to grow at first but bounced back much better than I had expected. No high hopes but not gonna ditch this one.

Thanks for reading about the shaky start to my first grow! I’ll update as things happen :poop:

1 Like

The more knowledgeable you get by reading the better questions you will have and the better answers you will get

Just keep with the 6.5 phed water looks like ur one plant is kinda buried a little deep

It does, but that’s basically where it’s poking out of the cube it came in. I wiped some away so you can see

O ok wierd just a funky grow could very well become a monster plant

Well this is looking much better. The og still looking shaky but not bad. My first planted is looking better every day :slightly_smiling_face: looking a bit burnt at leaf tips so raised the light to around 18" to see how that goes.

2 Likes

It’s been a week so here’s a little update. Everything is looking good, started some training, used some thrive alive and cal-mag. Finally some good new growth on the clones and my big girl will have the top chopped and rooted to get me up to my maximum legal # of plants!

1 Like

Well now things are great and likely will abandon this thread. If more issues arise I may be back :wink:
Just a couple pics for fun. Lst and topping going well!

Thanks again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you’d like we can re-categorize and change the title of this thread, just make it your grow journal?

Hey sounds like a good plan! Didn’t even think of that. Thanks!

1 Like

No problem! What should I make the title?

I just moved it to the Grow Journals section…don’t mind it being in the “beginner” section, that’s just where the grow journals are. :v:

1 Like

Well either way, I am a beginner. Thanks @elheffe702 !!

1 Like

It looks like they’re recovering nicely, too. :+1:

Been a while, but for those who are interested… My one remaining bag seed grew nicely but…

So now its chilling outside and I’m gonna enjoy growing a monster, whether or not I get buds. Might attempt a graft or two for fun and to keep within my limits :wink:

And the clones are growing nicely, og kush on left and agent orange on the right.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hello! For anyone who might want to see what the odd looking clones are looking like… I think I’m pretty close to harvest but every time I say ‘might be a couple weeks’ seems to be another couple weeks away.
Here’s pics of my agent orange (left) and og kush (right).

The AO is looking pretty close, and the ogk is looking a bit further, and buds not packing the weight on much.
Also dealing with a bit of thrips, but not seeking too concerning.
Ao:

Ogk:

Cheers!

3 Likes

Looking good looks like ur at least 4 weeks out I’d say but just my opinion

I agree, she’s got a few weeks yet, judging by the white pistils. They’ll probably nearly double in size still.

I’m doubting they’ll get much bigger in size, I think I stunted them with too many and too frequent tops. Still learning :slight_smile:
Looking a bit closer now, but yellowing and losing a lot of foliage which doesn’t concern me toooo much but making me think I might have to harvest early.
Ao:

Og:

Both:

2 Likes