First time growing, not sure when to harvest?!?

So, this is my first time buying seeds (Durban Poison). Doing an outdoor grow and not sure when to harvest. We’ve been relying on YouTube to answer our questions but most of the people are growing indoors in a tent and suggest 8-10 week in flowering stage… we are at a little over 4 weeks but it looks thick and a lot of

the hairs are brown… what do you think?

1 Like

And its only gonna get thicker cause you have 2-4 weeks left theres way to many white pistils

6 Likes

You should be looking at the trichomes. It depends on what you’re looking for. You’ll need a loupe to see them better.

2 Likes

Your buds look really nice with only 4 weeks. I would start looking at the crystals with a Jeweler’s loupe. As @Caligurl mentioned. I do think with only 4 weeks flowering plant still has more to offer, let them continue to fattening up. Happy growing ! :+1:

2 Likes

I got a jewelers loupe and was hoping you all could give me your opinion on if it’s ready or not. in some areas I think it looks ready but in other places it still seems too clear… I want to pick it at the peak stage with its most intense high… its a 100% sativa and I am using it for a pain reliever.

1 Like

Hey Green Snek! Thanks for your response! I’ve added some more pics with with a jewelers loupe can you give it a look and tell me what you think??

It’s always hard for me to tell… just make sure you are not looking at the sugar leaves just the buds and don’t look at the top of the cola go down about 1/3rd. Also @GreenSnek what do you think about those brown areas on the buds…I’m going to tag a few others as well since I’m so new to this @kabongster @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

@Caligurl I did have to take off a bud because it was getting bud rot… it all turned brown and mushy… it has been raining the last couple of days and the bud is pretty dense… hopefully that’s not the explanation for the darker spots… Should I bring the plant in when it rains??!

1 Like

Depends how much you want to baby it at this point those dark spots look like they may be buried darkened pistils I’m seeing about roughly 1% amber I’d flush( if using salt nutes) and give it about a week

1 Like

It’s not obvious enough there’s mold to me, atm.

the small leaves are the first definite signs that something is happening, they will yellow and die in that area if there’s mold…look for early signs of suffering sugar leaves on the colas, a small spot of death and decay.

this plant is outdoors?
that’s an opportunity for bugs to crawl around the flowers dropping stuff behind that can leave the door open for mold to take over.
the stuff has been deposited now it waits for an opportunity to thrive.

the 4 week time line seems off, 28 days of flowering…my fastest flowering plant was about 55 days and the average is 65+ days, a couple of months+.

1 Like

After harvest how big should the root ball be. Mine are not big at all

It depends how big the plant….the bigger the plant the bigger the root system