First time Growing Need Urgent Help, nobody i ask seems to know whats going on!

So i split some auto flower seeds with a mate and got 7 Of ILGM,

Germination went fine via the paper towel method for all of my seeds, Both blueberry kush, planted them in a large pot of soil, but after a day moved the seeds into a 1l pot of Coco/perlite, and they remain there today, except one which i have transplanted back into soil. I then started one outdoors some time later.

My Experience so far with the seeds:

Seed 1 : In coco/perlite 1L Pot, Grew fine for 7 days and stopped, Wont grow higher than a couple inches and leaves no longer than an inch long each. Started to grow very small third set of leaves.

seed 2: In coco/perlite 1L Pot, Grew fine for 7 days and stopped, Wont grow higher than a couple inches and leaves no longer than an inch long each and wilted, Cots have gone white. Moved to Soil now to try and save. Started also to grow very small Third Set of Leaves, Barely Noticeable.

(and of week 2 and In week 3 i fed these both with Recommended Grow Organic Nutrients 1ml Diluted in 1L and Adjusted pH to 5.5/5.6 and fed til runoff)

Seed 3: In coco/perlite 15l Final Pot, Pretty much died instantly after sprouting

Seed 4: In coco/perlite 1L Pot Went quite well, but fed it small amounts of nutrients in the first week twice til runoff, was doing quite well but must have over watered as it is showing all the signs of over watering and stunted growth.

Seed 5: Germinated and planted in soil/perlite 15l Final Pot Outdoors 5 Days Ago and still no sprout, remaining hopeful, but all my others sprouted by the 3 day mark.

Altogether i have 4 plants atm, 3 indoor, one outdoor and none of them are doing well at all.

My two main indoor plants are now 3 weeks old, look quite sick and are showing no signs of speeding up, bottom leaf has almost yellowed off. I believe this is because i started in coco and didnt feed it nutes until over 2 weeks in. Just water, as was suggested to me by a ‘hydroponics expert’ Im in a 80cmx80cm 160cm high height tent, switched from a 800w COB LED to a Viparspectra v600 once at start of week 3.

Kept Temp at around 25c and RH from 60-70% as much as i could, running an evaporative cooler for Cooling and increasing RH simultaneously, Outflow Fan, and some airflow fans (on only if need be) I am keeping the back mesh open for oxygen. Light is currently 90cm above the Plants.

I will try posting pictures of my plants but i am having zero luck at all and would like to know if anyone at all could help me, as all 7 of the seeds i bought, none of them seem to be wanting to grow into a full plant, and nobody i find has this problem either, everyone ive seen can get their Plant MUCH MUCH bigger than mine in 3-4 weeks, mine still look like seedlings at nearly 4 weeks!!! Autoflowers which should be way bigger.

Please help me out, anything would be appreciated!!

1 Like

How far is your light from your seedlings?

Welcome to the forum JactusCack!
It helps to have this info. FIll in what is missing if you can.

Strain?

Photo or Auto?

Soil in pots?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix?

Indoor/Outdoor?

Light system, size?

Temps;

Humidity;

Ventilation system;

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Most common issues are over/under watering, too far from light source and stretching too much, or over / under nutrients.
I don’t have much experience with autos I’m afraid, but your issue isn’t due to being an auto I would think.

Hey so all of those details are in my Original Post to help you sifting through a bit ill fill in your list:
Strain? Blueberry

Photo or Auto? Auto

Soil in pots? Coco/Perlite

System type? Just hand watering

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 5.6

What is strength of nutrient mix? 5.5/5.6

Indoor/Outdoor? Indoor, i have one outdoor refusing to sprout, but not concerned about that one

Light system, size? Viparspectra v600 full spectrum led

Temps; 20-25 celsius (5 lowers at night)

Humidity; 60-70Rh

Ventilation system; 4 “ exhaust fan with carbon filter

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? Evaporative Cooler

Soil that i transplanted seed 2 in is a soil that is very popular where im from, i just put the cake of coco in a hole i dug out in soil/perlite mix about 80/20

Right now your plants are establishing roots. Be sure you are watering in an imaginary circle created by the length of the leaves. This is about how far out your roots are, and will keep the roots reaching further outward. The leaves will also widen. Here is an example of what I am describing:

Make sure you are feeding them every day. Never just plain water. Based on the size they look in the photos, probably 1 or 2 cups a day will suffice.

You can find a lot of helpful information for this type of grow over at cocoforcannabis.com as well.

1 Like

I seem to be having the same problem. Can’t get my plants to grow more than 3 or 4 inches. The vegetation is good until then and they start to flower. Tried 2 outside and the 3rd indoors in a tent but the same thing is happening.

My guess would be that you’re overwatering which is hampering root mass production and therefore preventing above ground growth. Even with coco in the beginning you need to pay careful attention to the dry-back period. With coco I usually prefer to err on the side of under-watering with a lower EC solution (1/4-1/2 of recommended EC). I usually start my seedlings in solo cup sized nursery pots. I water once after they sprout and give them a week dry back time. Water once more and wait another week. By this time they usually have enough root mass to move to half or one gallon fabrics, where I repeat the same method. Once they start drying back quicker I increase watering to twice a week and slowly work up to every other day. Only when I transplant them to their final 5 gallon pots do I start watering every day. It’s best to do it this way because a smaller amount of medium will dry back much quicker than in a big pot.