First time growing, male or female?

Hello! First time growing and I need some help! I’ve gone back and forth a hundred times, is this a male or a female??? I’m hoping female, but I think male. Thank you in advance! (These pics are all the same plant)

3 Likes

I see no sex showing yet.

4 Likes

Hello @HazyDaisy , Welcome to the forum.
It looks suspiciously male like but is probably just a little to early to tell.
Watch for two white hairs to come from the little flowers.
What was the source of the seeds?

4 Likes

I know they’re not feminized. As usual my scatterbrain didn’t keep up with the labels as I moved them, but I’m pretty sure it’s a Saturn V. (I have roughly 25 of 100 heirloom tomatoes marked as “?”, so this is an ongoing challenge :joy:) It’s working on it’s 10th node, so I figured I should be able to tell by now?

2 Likes

Too early to tell…

3 Likes

Its height isnt the determining factor for sex to show.

3 Likes

Yup those little ballish things will tell the tale. If no pistils pop out, toss him in the compost heap. Should be easy to discern in a few more days. Keep a close eye on (s) him anyway

4 Likes

Like @PurpNGold74 & @Spiney_norman said you will know in a few days. And I’m hoping it’s a she. :crossed_fingers::pray::v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been out there with a magnifying glass like I’m trying to solve an old timey murder coming to a different conclusion each day. I’ll keep an eye on it! I have three others that aren’t quite so big yet, hopefully at least ONE will be female!

3 Likes

I too need some help identifying male and female plants. I think these (see photo) are males. Tell me if true please

100% male chop him down

2 Likes

I finally accepted the truth and cut em down the other day :sob::sob::sob: The stalk made a few fun one hitters though. I try to reduce, reuse, and UPcycle whenever I can :joy::joy::joy:.

2 Likes