First time growing looking for some strain ideas

First time grower and I am looking for some strains for my first grow. I have a 3x3x72 indoor tent with some LED’s. I am also a guy who hasn’t smoked in almost 20 years. I have some mental health issues. Severe anxiety and depression. it feels good to say that as some anonymous guy on a web forum I never would tell anyone that in person
Anyway after reading the descriptions of the strains sold here I thought Granddaddy Purple because it seems like a good end of the day bud. It also says it easier to grow as a beginner and flowers relatively quickly, the second one would be Blue Dream as it sounds more like a bud you can smoke during the day as you go about doing things. It also says it is easier to grow for a beginner and flowers relatively quickly. I planned on growing both strains at the same time in the same tent,
I would really like to hear what anyone would have to say about this and appreciate any help or advise thanks

5 Likes

Welcome to the community! I am new here too and not sure about the different strains but I am sure some of the exert growers will be her soon to help. I will tag a couple for you.
@MeEasy @Lacewing @PurpNGold74

2 Likes

I am honored but by no means an expert grower
This is my first grow …I do not belong tagged with great growers such as those you tagged …

I am however willing to help with anything I know …
Even you tho @Flitme can give advice once ypu learn or experience something …
So to someone who just planted a seed ypu can help lol …
Thank you for the recognition

2 Likes

I have only grown outdoors but plan to go indoors soon …so I’m gonna hang on and learn something here too !!

2 Likes

Blue dream is an excellent strain to grow, and is great for daytime. Welcome to the community!

You’ll find that strains work differently for people, but any strain will work for a beginner. I do recommend a photoperiod to start with.

6 Likes

Welcome! A lot of the effects you get are from when you harvest. Genetics play a part, but if you let a plant go too long you get more couch lock and sleepy weed. If you harvest a few weeks earlier you will get more energetic weed. Good luck and happy growing!

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I would like to try a photoperiod however I don’t think a photo would make it through a winter here in my garage. It gets cold (sometimes 5-10 degrees) and I was thinking a autoflower if I plant one now would make it before it gets supercold. Plus I want to smoke as soon as possible! :smile:

Thank you

It doesn’t matter if its Auto or Photoperiod. Cold temps don’t discriminate.

My Autos have taken up to 4 months to finish. Just like Photos.

Welcome to the community.

3 Likes

Thanks! I thought photos took 6 months? I was not aware of that fact. What are the biggest differences you see between photos and autos?

The amount of weight you can achieve if done correctly. :+1::+1::+1:

Autos do what they want, when they want.

Photos you have full control. If you want to Veg for three months, 18/6 light schedule will keep it from flowering.

3 Likes

You could buy ilgm packs of 3 different strands depending on the high you looking for and drop 1 of each

1 Like

I thought about that I wasn’t sure if a 3x3x72 tent would be big enough. I have heard of people putting more in less of a space… 2 single packs are about as much as a 3 variety pack. it does make sense though

I would say stick with 3gallon fabric pots and drop 4 5 seeds u got plenty space. I’m on a 2.5x5.5x6.5 and I got 4 ladies going on and I think I could fit another 2 3in there

1 Like

It shows my tent and how I got it set up if it helps

1 Like

My Blue Dreams have always hit past 7 feet
Tall and just as wide. You need to pay attention if its Indica or Sativa.

Sativas grow tall and indicas grow short generally.

First photos is Sativas. Three was Blue Dream. It the front Left one which is Peach Puree CBD.

Bottom photo is a 99% or 100% Indicas.

The BD was 3 weeks older than the bottom photo.

1 Like

Nice set up! you named all of your plants thats cool. I think I will get one of those variety packs. I will have to go back and look at them again I didn’t really read up on them before this post. Thanks

Those are just humongous sir. I think you could hang a bird box in there with squirrels running around and what not. Seriously though nice growing hopefully i’ll be there one day

1 Like

Hey wanted to ask you guys if you have ever used an air-pot? It’s like a air pruning pot. I had taken a look at them and it sounds like they are hard to overwater? they are pricey and I don’t know if they would be much better than a fabric pot.