First time growing in tent and outdoors

I put the domes away at the end of week 1, so you’re pretty much at that point now. As soon as the domes come off the fan starts up. Just enough to give them a perpetual wiggle, not gale force winds. Getting the fan right can be a bit of a challenge. I usually end up doing a bank shot with the wind, so what bounces off the walls wiggles the stems.

1 Like

I am now at 2 weeks of sprouting and having trouble keeping the humidity up. I can buy a humidifier right now and am hoping to get some ideas. I have put some wet rags in there and they have helped some. Any suggestions? @DrWoo @dbrn32 @Newt

I have poor person’s humidifiers in both of my tents. A quart sized wide mouth mason jar full of distilled water with a microfiber cloth “flowered” out of the top. I keep a fan blowing over them. You can see one of them here in my clone mother tent:

1 Like

Thank you! I have the wet microfiber cloths in there and didn’t think about this! Great idea :blush:

1 Like

Try to use distilled or RO water. If you use tap water with a fan like I do, you can get a residue from the minerals in the water.

1 Like

I don’t worry much about low humidity past the first week or so. Assuming your ambient humidity is somewhere in the 30-40-ish range, they’ll be fine. By this point the plants have developed decent roots and can drink on their own from the soil. At two weeks you probably are seeing roots coming out the bottom.

Is it time to transplant?

If you have plenty of roots out the bottom, then yes. Certainly within the next week. The more thoroughly the roots get through the medium the better the whole mess holds together once you remove from the cup. Too long and they start to get root bound. When you’re ready, prep the new pot by making an appropriately sized hole using an empty cup. Make 3 vertical cuts from rim to base in the sprout cup and peel it like a banana. This works best if the rootball is on the dry side. Smear your mycos on the rootball if you use it and drop it in the hole. High five yourself for a job well done. Water well and top up for any settling of the medium.

1 Like

@Newt me and you both dawg……

2 Likes

Thank you all for your input and ideas! I really do appreciate you!

1 Like

I am almost to week 4 and thinking I need to transplant into their final homes soon. What else should I do at this point? Feed? I’m in Happy Frog soil.

1 Like

@Riverlife your girls definitely need some wiggle room lol. Transfer them asap so they don’t get root bound and you lose some time while they unbound themselves. Very nice looking babies!!! Coloring is fantastic!

1 Like

If your transplanting into fresh happy frog soil you won’t need any amendments for about 4 weeks

1 Like

Do you water the soil in the new pots before transplanting?

I do I usually water with ph water fish shit a little molasses and liquid kelp not saturate l mix in a trash can then fill my bags

1 Like

You’ll want the solo cups on the dry side. It will help keep the rootball together. Water well after transplant.

Is it time to Fim or Top? Starting week 5 veg. I have been reading a lot on the forum but not sure which method is best for white window. Anyone have any suggestions?

My double stalk seed is the next to last pic

@Riverlife are they 5-6 nodes ‘high’ :smirk: yet? A few of the members I follow wait until there to begin training I believe. Your plants look great btw!!

1 Like

They are close. Can’t count the nodes, but they are close. Here’s a suggestion, FIM some, and top some. Compare your results.

Happy growing!

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try that! I’m hardening off two to put outdoors. Should I fim or top those?

1 Like