First time growing in tent and outdoors

I just got my Mars-Hydro 3x3 tent, in-line fan/filter and FC3000 light set up in my garage. The garage is air conditioned and I have the air exiting from the window out of the tent. The seeds were put in water today and I hope to plant by the weekend if all goes well. I am growing 2 in the tent and also trying 2 outside (will plant in May). I am looking for advice and any tips you all have. I’ve been reading on this forum for 2 months and am so excited!g

4 Likes

Nice set up, i like the bar style light :+1:
Only tip I got atm is you don’t need that filter hooked up untill they in flower and smell kicks up.
You can most certainly run it all the way through if you want to.
But the fan is more efficient with out it or un necessary lengths of pipe or lots of bends in piping… not to mention they get stopped up eventually and need replaced.
Only useing them in flower when smell is kicking will save ya from replacing it so often…

Also, if smell isn’t an issue for you. Then you want ever need a filter :grin:

2 Likes

Are you using soil, coco, coco peat etc?

Thank you! I will take off the filter. I appreciate your advice!

1 Like

I’m using Fox Farm Happy Frog when I plant them

3 Likes

Seedling planting into small clear plastic cup (6-8 oz).
Sleeve that cup into larger colored cup for light blocking and easy visual on roots.
Good luck

1 Like

Okay :ok_hand: outdoor and indoor as well… obviously you have a mission. Make sure your not dragging bugs from your outdoor to your indoor. The 2 grows have completely different challenges so you will have your hands full.
Good vibes Growmie

@Riverlife Welcome to the Class! You look set up and ready to roll!!!

1 Like

Agree with @1HappyPappy don’t need the carbon filter yet and you have an outside grow going your not going to hide the smell from the neighbors my whole neighborhood stunk from 2 plants

2 Likes

After 36 hours in water, the seeds had tails and I planted them in the soli cups and put them in the tent. I don’t have the fan on and the light is at 25% about 30” above the plants. Is this correct? The seeds are in Fox Farm Happy Frog. I domed them and left 3 open to experiment.

2 Likes

How often should I water the seeds?

@Riverlife That’ll depend on how quickly your cups are drying out. If you have a spray bottle it’ll help you mist the surface. If you pour water directly on the seed area they may get shifted within the loose soil.

2 Likes

It’s a cold and rainy day here in Va but 3 of my seeds sprouted two days after planting! The tent is 74 degrees and my FC3000 light is at 25% I have the seedlings domed right now. Is this the right path? @Newt @DrWoo @1HappyPappy @dirtydave @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32

5 Likes

Very nice!

3 Likes

Nice job :+1:

3 Likes

You’re on track. The sprouts don’t need much light the first week or so, maybe 150 PPFD. The 2 weeks that follow roughly 300. After the 1st week you can lose the domes, but try and keep the area on the humid side.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t water the seeds at all. Get your Happy Frog so wet it’s running out the bottom, drop your seeds, and dome (preventing evaporation). You shouldn’t need to water until after the domes come off after week 1.

In soil, you will want to water when the cups are dry. Cannabis likes wet/dry cycles. Not just dry on top, but dry down deep too. When you water, do so until you get water out the bottom. You won’t be overwatering no matter how much you water with. You WILL be overwatering if you water too frequently. Try and get at least 10%-20% of what goes in the top to come out the bottom.

3 Likes

I concur, looks like a great start!

1 Like

I like the bottle domes :+1:

1 Like

This is day 6 of sprouting! One of them has two stalks from one seed. I still have the dome on them. When should I take them off and start fans?