The Mandaweedian Manifold!

A foil lined box isn’t necessary for seedlings. Catching refracted light is not make or brake at its young age. However, with the light being totally blocked by the shade, that is probably all that it is getting. If you can’t raise the light use something other than a solid object as a screen. More than likely some wax paper would be adequate. If the box is more for suspending the light I understand. Ideally you can figure out a way to raise it.
I use an open shelve for my seedlings 2/25 photo

On 3/5

Big enough to transplant - also on 3/5

As they grew I took out all of the shelves and they ended up on the floor.
This is to show that the light demands for small plants are not that great

1 Like

I can switch it to some wax paper instead of the solid piece. I actually cut a rectangular hole in the top of the box that is big enough for the light face to show through, but the housing is held up by the box. I can also switch back to my little 12” fluorescent light if need be.

Thanks for all the tips and help. I really appreciate it!

No problem Fine tuning to see what works. Good luck

1 Like

I found it :+1: @The_Cannabowlist

1 Like

Here’s the thread @Bulldognuts @Deepsix @dbrn32

Literally just took this pic so you guys can see how she is recovering.

2 Likes

I can see @beardless has been helping out :+1:

3 Likes

Very much so, probably saved my plant!

2 Likes

Here is the strain info:
“ If you’re feeling some pain, you may want to check out the cannabis strain known as Bandana, which is a cross between Snow Dawg and 707 Headband. With moderate THC levels and impressive CBD levels (over 3.5% on average), Bandana is a great choice for managing chronic pain, or just for recreational pleasure.”

2 Likes

Hopefully they’ve got you on the right track now. That’s what i was saying about DLI. If you get the Photone app from ios store or google play store depending on which you have, you can set your phone with screen cam lense facing up and measure DLI. Once i got that dialed in right, regardless of BestVA’s height recommendations, my plants went full on healthy production and just overall healthy. Takes the guesswork out. it’s higher range for Vegetation and roughly 20 DLI lower in flowering. If my memory serves correctly from all the reading it was like 55-65 DLI in Vegetative state is target range and 35-45 in flowering but could probably go 5 higher in either and be fine. i’ve seen others posting much higher ranges but in the documentation on it i read and maybe it was the dr bruce vid also, i got those ^ numbers :wink:

Yeah, so with my light currently at 11” I was way way way too high, fortunately my little umbrella brings me right down to that target zone. I lowered it a tiny bit after re checking the range you stated.

that’s PPFD, swipe to left to change the value to DLI and then adjust :wink: and did you do the calibration it asks the first time it opens?

I’m on iOS, so I’ll have to purchase the LED option for the DLI mode. So, hopefully Friday.

It didn’t ask to do a calibration, or is that just selecting your light source?

Okay guys, here are a couple pics I just took, still seems like too much light or something to me, that or not enough water. I have been spraying around the plant, but not within an inch of it so as to not drown the roots as seen in previous pictures. I have been using a spray bottle with ph adjusted water an no nutrients yet.

Try not to spray the leaves when you water during the lights on cycle. The droplets act as tiny magnifying glasses and burn the leaves. My 2c worth

@Hogbud, I spray the soil in a circle between the pot and the stem, usually always an inch around the stem that is still dry, and after I took the bag off I haven’t been spraying the plant at all.

Bandana Feminized from Pacific Seed Bank
Breeder: Advanced Genetics.

• Method: Organic Plant Magic soil with live microorganisms mixed with organic perlite.

Nutrients: Fox Farm liquid Trio, going to go half strength and follow recommended guidelines.

• Vessels: Currently in 6” clay pot with 1” drain hole. Will transplant into 3 gal fabric pots

• PH is adjusted to 6-7.

• PPM/TDS Still need to do, have the tester, just need to dig it out.

• Indoor. Currently in my seedling box, will be transferring to AC Infinity CloudLine 3x3x6 tent.

• Light system: Bestva 1500watt LED

• Temps; 77-79.

• Humidity; Haven’t gauged yet.

• Ventilation system; Currently a 5” adjustable speed fan blowing air into the box and a small vent on the opposite bottom side.
Tent will have AC Infinity CloudLine T6 with temp and humidity control.

• Will be in bedroom closet so external temp won’t change that much, have dehumidifier, humidifier, and control for both already picked out with 2 additional fans.

• Co2; Nope, using a ventilation system.

When I have everything set up will actually be on a stand instead of the floor as it’s hard for me to reach anything low

Hey @TheVirginian got those readings for at. Here is at the height of the plant and then same height with the little wax/parchment paper at about 2-3” above the seedling.

Day 13! She is growing like crazy now.

2 Likes

Day 14. Does this look short to anyone? It’s about 4” across atm, and maybe 1.5” tall.
@beardless @TheVirginian @Bulldognuts @MidwestGuy @Hogbud

2 Likes

Maybe a bit on the short side. It looks healthy. It might be light height. The spacing between the sets of leaves (nodes) looks pretty tight. Raising the light should help is reach for the light and give it more height.

4 Likes