First time growing autos and they are indoors...any help and advice is very much appreciated and thanks in advance

So i have 4 super skunk autos i got from ilgm and have them in 1 gallon Cloth pots . 3 in happy frog and 1 in ocean forest organic mediums under a tek 2 4 lamp t5 growlight from growbrite. Light schedule is 18/6 right now . I have the lights about 13 inches above the plants right now . I k ow im going to catch some flak for this but they are in a 2x2x4 right now(new tent with much more room coming soon). My only issue thus far is that they seem like they are moving at a snails pace with being autos. I do have fans and ventilation (ventilation fan with filter isnt hooked up yet …waiting for bigger tent). I will post a pic as soon as i can . I also have some sour d and gummy bears going outdoors and they are about 5 days older but much more growth.

4 Likes

My autos are in ocean floor as well. They seemed really slow for their first 2 weeks. Then they took off. Good luck with everything🤘

3 Likes

They most likely are building a good root system first then they will take off as @imSICKkid says . Good luck .

4 Likes

They look good. They will take off eventually. Do you plan on keeping them in the one gallon pots?

3 Likes

Yeah i am probably just wanting to see “automatic” results with autos lol.

1 Like

Well for the time being while they build their roots and get more growth. Do you recommend going to bigger pots?

1 Like

I would wait until they’re a little bigger to transplant them now. When I start my Autos I usually just start them straight in a 5 gallon. Sometimes Autos can be finicky when you try to transplant them but I have seen plenty of people do it :wink:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Those are a couple of my outdoor sour d’s

They look good :wink:

1 Like

I start mine in solo cups then transplant into 7 gallons cloth. They grow faster that way. I top and tie the branches down to the side of my pot and end up with this everytime. This is one wwa

7 Likes

Thanks . I also have 4 different strains of autos on the way. I have alaskan purple… cheese berry …amnesia…and chocolate skunk . Have you any thoughts on which would be a good 1 to start after these super skunks hopefully produce ?

@HornHead your autos look good bro I’m trying to get a pound per plant have any of your autos yeilded that?

Great job she is beautiful!!!

Yeah, sure have. It’s journal is here titled either “here I go” or here I grow

1 Like

I’ve used 2, 5, and 7 gal pots on autos.
Bigger the pot, bigger the roots, bigger the plant, all else being equal.

Your seedlings are working on root development. They can definitely fill a 7 gal pot with roots given enough light, etc.

Best of luck with your auto grow!

3 Likes

Exactly where I was at 2 months ago. Blessings to ya

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Next time I would recommend filling you pots with soil. You have turned your 1-gallon pots into 1/2-3/4 gallon by not filling them. I’d cut some pop bottles and use them as domes. The seedlings love to have some added humidity.

2 Likes

What day or week was this pic taken ?

This is my first time growing . Lol. If i get them to produce atleast 4 nodes ill be ecstatic. A pound per plant ?? For indoor auto super skunks ? Is that possible ?

1 Like