First time growing autoflower plants

This will be my first time growing auto flower plants. I have grown mostly from clones from my dispensary. I want to know what is the best light out of the two lights I have to use to grow my Bruce Banner auto flower seeds? I also need to know The optimum length of time for lights on and off? I have a vegging Light fixture Sunblaze T5HO – 44 and I have my Sun systems ceramic emitting diode 315w flowering light fixture. Which light do I use?

3 Likes

Sprout them and use the T5 for at least 2 weeks then set them under your other light by the manufacturer’s recommendation and DLI/PPFD :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

A 18 /6 light schedule start to finish works fine for auto plants. Welcome to the community :v::+1:

5 Likes

Welcome to the boards. Autoflowers are fun and fast paced. Tip: dont take rash actions, autos dont allow alot of time for mishaps.

3 Likes

Be prepared for alot of heat from this light inside s grow tent

2 Likes

Thank you for the info. I can’t wait for a quick grow. My GG#4 are my first from seed I’ve done in probably 8-9 years,Here are pics at 7 weeks3 days flowering.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. “Happy Growing”

Thanks.:+1:

Thanks for the heads up about the sun systems light. I have been using the light for 7 years so I am very familiar with it. :+1: this is my first autoflower ever, but I have been growing indoors and outside for 10 years. I only recently found out about autoflower plants and wanted to try them out for a short grow time.

2 Likes

Roflmao. Sorry I answer alot of new growers questions and its starting to show in my responses.

I love auto’s. Hope you enjoy growing them as much as I do.

2 Likes

It’s all good friend. :grin:
Hopefully I can help others with my knowledge. Thanks again for your input.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. I have only used LEDs and CFLs. So no help for lights. Are you in coco or soil. Autos do much better in coco. Once your seedlings are established. if starting in a solo cup. Get them into a final pot as soon as you can. I am in one by day 7 and earlier some times. Keeping these in a small cup will really slow them down. Auto or photo there. It looks like @OGIncognito and @kellydans Have the basicas coverd for you.

This is a note for later. You can grow an auto under almost any light schedule. I run a 16/8 my self. An 18/6 does just as well. I have grown a bunch of autos under 12/12 in flower tents. They grow ok. But not as good as with more light. They do good on a 12/12 for flower. But always take a week or so longer to finish up for me. Good luck with your grow :grin:

4 Likes

Agree… but they sort of force you to act quickly and right the boat so to speak before they quickly move to the next stage. I like them because I can get many varieties harvested quickly.

You really have to stay on top of LST, supercropping, etc

By the way, I run my autos 19/5… just to be different I suppose.

3 Likes

I’m in soil .
What do you think about going directly into a 5 gallon fabric pot from sprouted seed and completely bypass going into a cup?

1 Like

Directly into forever home. Transplant shock is murder to an auto. Not worth the risk. One day of shock to an auto is like loosing a week to a photo.

3 Likes

I know you asked about lighting, but I’d just add go easy on the nutes and work your way up if needed. Start off at 1/4 strength. I’m in the final flush for my first autos right now and never got up 1/2 the recommended nutes.

I broke the main stem of one right above the first node and couldn’t even tape it right so propped it up with chopsticks with masking tape around them. Think it’s gonna be the best yield of the bunch. Point being, autos may be a bit more resilient than their online reputation suggests.

1 Like

Current auto grow 40 days this morning. All different heights because there a very sketchy new at best hybrid goof troop cross of Great White x Bloody Banana. Lights at 20 on 4 off.

3 Likes

For transplanting. I found starting in these nursery bags really help me out. Especially in coco since it is looser than soil. I have been fortunate and have never got transplant shock that I have noticed. I am going to tag @MattyBear for help. he has grown autos and in soil. I can help plant wise. But have never used soil. So pretty limited there. I water every day and in soil. It is? :laughing:
For the bags below. You just drop them into the pot as is when you are ready to transplant. One shot and no mess :grin: @Outlaw I have had the same luck with my autos and photos. The autos seem to really like getting super cropped also. Mine seem to get an extra week of veg from doing it.

These are great if you want to grow your plant a little bigger before transplanting. They are 1 gallon sized. This is the same price they used to charge for 100. Man stuff is going up to fast.

1 Like