First time growing anything please help

@Scrumm_21
These are all day 10 (from sprout). After looking at your pictures it looks like i am well behind?

2 Likes

Sorry all plants are about 2-3 inches tall

I’ll go back to the question @Underthestairs asked earlier… What light are you using and how far away is light from plants?
My 1st thought is they are not getting enough useful light.
Are all 8 plants under the same light ?
Or just the 4 ‘indoor’ plants ?
Should be further along…

I hadn’t see white grow bags before…nice.

1 Like

what has been your watering schedule since transplant?

1 Like

I am using a vivosun 300 watt full spectrum grow light. Picture attached. To make things simpler forget about the outdoor plants lol. The 4 pictures are the 4 plants that are in my grow tent. I lowered the light yesterday to about 24 inches above the plants. The weekish before that i think they were around 30 inches from the plant. Is it possible 4 plants is to much in that tent with the light? Why arent they further along? The light? Any other suggestions.

My watering schedule has been almost every day so far. I have still been justing misting the water near the roots of the plant. Am i not watering enough?

I suspect light was too far away at 30 inches.
(I don’t think that particular Vivosun is as efficient as their higher end models - but still should be fine to grow)
I think I was at ~20" during seedling ( using Maxisun PB1000 ).
But 4 mature plants may be pushing it for the 1 light

How much water each day ??

(((Starting with Day 11 mine were getting 4 cups every 3 days. by day 22, six cups every 3 days. By day 29, 9 cups every 3 days. Gave 'em 14 cups yesterday - But Mine are outside 10 hrs a day and high’s been 90+ most days last 2 weeks Mine began spend 8+ hrs a day outside at day 14)))

I have still been justing misting the water near the roots of the plant. Am i not watering enough?

““I have still been just misting the water near the roots of the plant. Am i not watering enough?.””
I don’t think so… Doesn’t sound like any water is getting down into the soil for the roots to chase after.
About 4 inches away from stalk, water around the plant. I use spray bottle of plain water to mist top of soil good before watering, water doesn’t run across surface as bad that way.
I am Hesitant to advise how much water to give but I would think 4 cups each plant to start at this point. Water Slowly…1 cup at a time with a couple mins between each cup - give water a chance to spread and helps prevent ‘Channels’ being formed down in the soil. Lift and “feel” weight of bag Before and After watering. I am sure your bags are quite Light if you’ve only been misting. I use bag weight as much as visual cues to judge when to water next. You will get good at it. If inside full time then it could be 3-5 days before next 4/5 cups.
Hopefully others will chime in
@Not2SureYet @Covertgrower @AfgVet @Stimmy7 @Mark0427 @Cat1
@MeEasy
Can any of you guys check - I am still a ‘newbie’ relatively speaking and am still scared to advise lol…

1 Like

I’ll leave the amounts to one of the pros, but at that stage I’d put a Solo cup (or a fast food cup, etc with a similar diameter) over the seedlings when watering them. It’ll help prevent over watering and cause the roots to branch out to get to water. I was confused and looking for a specific answer on watering when I started this first grow. I kept seeing people talking about knowing when to water by feeling the weight of the pots. Thought it was crazy, but you’ll be doing it soon.

BTW, I started with a VS2000 light. By the time my girls were in the veg stage I got an HLG.

1 Like

the ‘solo cup over seedling’ trick is a good one…haven’t done that but makes perfect sense…

1 Like

you can also get a moisture probe fairly cheap on amazon that gives you another tool for checking when to water. I use mine constantly along with the checking bag weight, to good effect. Most probes are multi-use, but the “light meter” is Useless for what needs to be measured… and I don’t use it’s pH setting.
Moisture reading seems to be fairly accurate.

Hey all,

My grow light also has two switches, one for veg (blue) and one for bloom (red). im currently only running blue because im still in the beginning of veg phase. When should i switch to red? should you ever have both red and blue on?

Normally, week 5 you should be in pre-flowering stage. In full Flowering a week later. Without having actual experience with a Red\Blue switchable LED lamp, I could see switching on both when in preflower and switch to red when in full flower. (I have Spyder Farm and Maxsisun full spectum led’s, no switching.)

We need some updated pics to see progress \ stage of the girls. Time schedule could possibly be off as they were off to a slow start…
My experience has been very comparable to those in 2nd link …
Cannabis Flowering Stages Week by Week Guide (ilovegrowingmarijuana.com)
ᐅ Autoflower Life Cycle ⇒ Week by Week Pictures (weedseedsexpress.com)

They look healthy but i think i am very behind

Yes, they are looking quite healthy, just behind. So pics are about 15 days from sprouting{?}…Ballpark guess is they look about 5-7 days behind where they should be. I would be hesitant to do any LST for a while as a result. They need to focus on growing, not recovering from training - imo. Looks like they’re starting the 3rd node. They should really start taking off over the next 2 weeks.

yes about 15 days from sprout.

1 Like

Hey all,

Pics below are day 17 from sprout. @Scrumm_21 ive started increasing the water intake little by little and i feel like its been helping. Im getting a better feel of when to water. Two questions.

1. When i originally planted the seeds i think i didnt use enough soil. Or maybe the soil kind of dropped a bit. You can see in the picture theres a good couple of inches from top of soil to top of pot. Should i leave it or can i add more soil to the top? or will that mess with the plant/stem? I went down a rabbit hole :rofl:, and is it possible the plant isnt growing tall because not enough soil? anyways looking for some input.

2. The plants look super healthy. I do think they are either behind like we spoke about or maybe a tad short. Should i just contiue what im doing since the plants look good or should i be worried that the plants look behind. Also you can see from the pic i have 4 plants in my grow tent (32x32x64). Do you think these 4 plants are going to be too much in the tent. I planned on putting 1-2 of them outside if needed but considering how small they still are i am waiting

Looks like bags are about 2/3rds full. I don’t think amount of soil in bag is cause of plants being small. (All my bags “settle” and I add 2-3" of soil when they are about 30 days old and stem base is very solid). I make it a point of not watering right next to stem for a week and also pull soil slightly back from base if it does get damp.
From the pic they look Healthy… and decent growth from Day 10 pic to Day 17 pic. I believe they simply fell behind due to not enough water earlier and possibly lights being to high to start.
With TLC they should be nice but just smaller versions of themselves. With smaller size you very well may be able to keep all 4 under lites for quite a while, but in a month you may need to transfer 2 outside…

Hey all,

Not really any questions just wanted to update everyone. I think my plants are doing well. These pics are what all of my plants look like in the grow tent. Day 21. How are looking friends.