First time growing - 7 weeks in. Feedback appreciated!

• What strain, -Banana Kush autoflower
  • Method: -Generic potting soil
  • Vessels: - 5 gallon plastic bucket, holes drilled in bottom for drainage
  • PH of Water - unknown, tap water
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable -I made the mistake of not establishing a feeding schedule on my first plant, so now I am almost 7 weeks in and havE been treating symptoms of deficiencies/overages as they appear (don’t scold me , trust me I’ve learned my lesson).
  • Indoor- Yes, grow tent 24 x 24 x 48
  • Light system- LED 300W Grow light: 100PCS x 3W
    Temps; 66-75F
  • Humidity- unknown
  • Ventilation system- fan&filter&ducting&combo: 10"H x 7"D, 1.5 inches Carbon Layer, fan: 120V60HZ; 101Watt; 0.86A; 2850RPM; 189CFM; 4" Double layer duct φ4" * 25FT

How am I doing…??? Had a calcium deficiency around week 5 and purchased dolomite lime. That seemed to fix the issue. Leaves started getting dark green with curled, burnt tips a few days later. From what I read, it is indicative of nitrogen toxicity so I stopped feeding and flushed the Buckets with tap water thoroughly.

Pictures of plant now are attached. I think she is close to flowering??

10 Likes

Looks good and par the course. Healthy lady. Good luck and happy growing

4 Likes

All looks healthy! Leaves look perfect. Not sure why she’s not flowering yet. She looks damn close. I don’t see any pistils popping from the pics you uploaded though. Hmmm…consider switching the light to 12/12 to see if she’s a photoperiod?

1 Like

There are definite signs it is in preflower. Looking close at some bud sites and there are pistils starting to appear.

2 Likes

This is my drfinition of a crown or button. When these form, i no longer categorize as preflower. Full flower basically.

7 Likes

Yup; what he said! :point_up_2:

5 Likes

Luck has been on your side. I made it through a couple of grows without testing pH. Then it hit the fan.
The next grow or strain may say no way that isn’t for me and blow up. Get a good pH meter and TDS pen. Measure the in and outs. Save yourself a lot of grief.

2 Likes

Looks really good from what I see. Like @PurpNGold74 said you just started to flower. Keep doing what you have been the plant likes what it’s gotten so far!

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 She’s probably been like this for about a week. Is it an issue that she hasn’t started forming buds yet?

1 Like

She is probably just pausing and “taking a breath” in preparation for the growth that is surely just around the corner. Autos will do their thing in their own time. Patience is the key. She is “starting” already and you will start to notice more every day I think.

2 Likes

This is helpful, thank you!

Looks like a healthy girl…I’d say weird it’s just starting to flower at 7 weeks but I have GG autos and one also decided to veg for 7 weeks and now going on 10 weeks she’s a beast

…the one on the right

8 Likes

@JamJam Do you prune your autos? Your colas are so neat and tidy! I was reading elsewhere that you should not prune auto flowers but I’ve also seen people do it! Is there a guidance on how to do this for autoflowers?

1 Like

Yes i was very aggressive with mine :joy:…I fimmed all but one out of five and one of those I topped twice and all of them I have pulled in all directions keeping the canopies even and away from the light that was and still is as high as possible

4 Likes

This is my big girl

7 Likes

The bottom 10" or so of all of them are completely bare

I topped this WhiteCheese about 9 weeks old here.

She’s been lounging on the back patio so I felt I needed a “critter cage” to keep stray cats and such away.

7 Likes

That’d be awesome to be able to have these on my back porch!! Definitely would need a cage as well I think

2 Likes

She was raised indoors in a tent but the weather has been so nice I thought I would try to finish her outside in real sunlight. Probably about a month or less to go.

3 Likes

I couldn’t have mine outside if I wanted to lol