First time grower wondering how far of I am

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on my photo outdoor grow, starting to cool of here and not sure if it will be ready before frosts hit

6 Likes

You’ve got several weeks left. What strain and when did it start flowering? When do you anticipate first frost?

She’s beautiful

1 Like

Thanks mate, not sure strain as it was bag seed, been flowering about 6 weeks and I would think frosts could start in 4 weeks but might be longer. Just dont want to harvest to early and stuff her up.

2 Likes

She looks like she’s only been flowering a couple weeks. I’d guess at least 4-5 left. :metal: Keep it up

1 Like

Thanks mate, will try and hold off another 4 weeks, she was slow to start flowering as she went in on november 10, never grown before but do a lot of vegetable growing so just used the same principles

Yeah you did well. You’ll be rewarded. Ride her out as long as the season will allow. Keep the pictures coming as she progresses. Cheers

1 Like

Good looking plant. I’m betting it’ll go as long as your season has left in it.

2 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood. Your lady looks great.

3 Likes

Looking good. Several weeks left!

1 Like

Had to harvest early, bugs were getting into her and didn’t want to lose to much, smokes real well so happy with that

Quite happy for my first grow

You are undercover so frost shouldn’t be an issue at all. What strain are you growing and how cold of temps are we talking? Cold weather can produce some magical results in the terp profile, trichrome production etc. I have seen temps as cold as 28 degrees on plants outside that faired very well!! Also. Maybe you can put a small heater in that hoophouse just to keep it a little warmer. Don’t harvest too early, they look great and you have the benefit of being undercover.

Thanks mate but had to harvest today, pictures above, my poor girl got attacked by caterpillars and didn’t want to lose to much bud and didn’t know how to get rid of them without using chemicals which I didn’t want to do

1 Like

God damn catapillars!! Spraying BT is a great way to rid the catapillar problems and is completely natural, and would work well because you are undercover and the spray wouldn’t be getting rinsed off in a rain. One tip is to make sure to keep that cannabis in the dark during the drying process with good RH% and air circulation, but don’t put fans directly on it. Nice work!

1 Like

Thanks mate, I am drying it in the fridge, hopefully it works well, will try again next year and try to keep the caterpillars away, I am happy for my first attempt though :grinning:

1 Like