First Time Grower (Unsure about Germination/Seedling Stage)

And I’m sorry to hear about the asthma man! My fiancé deals with the same thing. She has had severe asthma for quite a while now.

She discovered that RSO in coffee or tea throughout the day worked the best to deliver the most full body effects and it did not require her to smoke. Just something you may want to look into.
@MrPeat

Not to step on @MrPeat, but I’m certain he will concur.

The Bestva might be good for one plant, and you won’t get the best buds. You could try 2 plants, but your yield will suffer.

The 550 will work, but you will have more versatility to move your lighting to maximize results if you do 2x 260XLs instead. The results from the HLG rspecs versus the burples is impressive.

1 Like

Haha! That’s awesome @MidwestGuy
I need to find people who will trim for that price. Usually costs me about $20 per hour, even when it’s my daughter!

1 Like

@MidwestGuy Yes I would agree with you, but I will say its good for only 1 plant. And this is the reason why. I will compare Colas.

Viparspectra PAR600 vs HLG 260xl rspec

First photo is a 19” Cola off my Blue Dream and this was under the Vipar which pulled 274 watts. It also had another Vipar added for a total of 548 watts from the wall vs 570 watts from the wall.

Second photo is 2 x HLG 260xl rspec. This 2nd photo is of Peach Puree CBD with the 570 watts. This Cola is over 19.5” long.

Yes, I know his light pulls 390 but more than 1 plant will make one a light hog and the other will suffer for it.

2 Likes

Wow. That difference is crazy! I never expected it to be that drastic. Right on! So I think the plan is then to just do the one singular northern lights auto. If you guys say that will do the best.

None of this will be sold, it is all for personal smoke. I just really want to try to get the best quality and the best yield I can with what I have.

Would you guys still recommend the 5 gallon pot since I am just doing the singular plant? Or should I increase the size?

With Autos, you should be able to do a couple. These pictures are of Photos. For Autos, I wouldn’t go past 5 gallons. Make sure to fill it up.

As I grow photos, I will be beefing up to 15 gallon fabric pots since I love growing monsters. And I only have a 5 gallon bucket fill half way and bam…you have this to deal with when it comes to Photos left unchecked.

She is mainly Sativa at 70%.

1 Like

Right on! So I could probably get away with 2 or 3 of the autos under this light?

I have a couple photoperiod seeds as well in my cabinet currently. I have an Acapulco Gold and Vanilla Kush from Barney’s, Desfran from Dutch Passion, and a couple White Widow seeds. And then I have 8 Northern Lights Auto from Seedsman.

I may be moving in about 4 or 5 months, that is why I thought the autos may be the better option for me currently.

Damn those are nice! And roger that about the 5 gallon pots for the autos.

I don’t know much about Autos other than they grow on their schedule and there is nothing you can do about it. With Photos, you can have total control. I prefer the latter. I do have 2 Autos going in with what I will be called a Super Monster.

One is the very first seeds I bought which was Nirvana Blueberry Kush auto. First seed never grew but this was part of my first grow. The other is Short Stuffs Purple Gorilla. Lastly Garden of Green Super Critical Bud CBD which comes in 23% CBD is all is perfect.

1 Like

That sounds like a solid grow all in all.

I think the plan for the first grow is gonna be two 5 gallon pots with the 2 Northern Lights Auto. I looked at a bunch of different auto strains and decided on that one from Seedsman because it came in at 23% THC in testing and had the best ratings of all the northern lights strains I found.

Those numbers is from perfect growing conditions. Never go by that. I read what it helps with and that is what influences my strains I will buy.

Right on! That’s good to know. I know that Barney’s and Dutch Passion are both very reputable in the industry and that’s why I chose them for the photoperiod seeds. I focused entirely on the effects and flavors when choosing those strains. I plan to start those after I move in 5 months or so.

1 Like

My Plus Sized gal is drinking 1 gall of filtered water a day. :flushed:

Oh my god! That’s insane! Is that the one you have in the 15gallon?

1 Like

No she is in a 5 gallon bucket with it only filled 1/2 with FFOF. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hahaha, that’s just crazy! Seeing the way different plants react to different things and how all of them have different needs still blows my mind to this day

I grow with the tent door wide open and also the door to the room. Also a 12/12 start to finish. Plenty of light leaks and no problems.

So your grow is very similar to conditions outside for the most part then. I totally see the logic behind doing it like that. Just let the plants do their thing. I’m so OCD that I don’t know if I could ever be able to do it like that, but it is still really neat seeing plants that are able to thrive given these conditions indoor still.

With OCD, you couldn’t grow like I do. You would have to smoke 1 lb per day. I do trim a little here and there but I let Mother Nature take her course. Whats good for her is good enough for me. I do add nutrients and sugar…that is as far as I go.

1 Like

Hahaha, you’re definitely right about having to smoke a pound a day :joy:

I plan to do some minor LST with the autos, and then probably some defoliation too. That’s probably going to be the maximum of my training. Aside from that, just standard nutrients and filtered water! (Possibly the sugar now too)

I thought about doing a SCROG, but wasn’t sure how well the autos would respond. I may experiment with that next grow. I’ve seen great things with photoperiods and scrog though, so it’s definitely something I at least want to try out.