Hey guys! First time home grower. I have been researching about growing cannabis for the past couple months religiously. I have gathered a lot of the equipment and have it ready. I wasn’t able to afford higher end items like the HLG lights, etc. for this grow. I plan on purchasing them in the future, but for now, this is what I’m working with.
4x4x6.5 Vivosun Tent
AC Infinity Cloudline T6 Inline Fan and Vivosun Carbon Filter (Exhaust System)
Bestva 2000W DC Grow Light (I know it is not actually 2000W)
Fox Farms Happy Frog and Ocean Forest Soil
5 Gallon Fabric Pots
General Organics GO Box
General Hydroponics PH Control Kit
I plan to have a digital PPM and PH meter before beginning this grow. If there is any other equipment or gear that would be deemed necessary, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I plan to grow 4-5 Northern Lights Autoflowers. I have been doing research into the best way to germinate autoflower seeds and have came across so many different opinions and ideas on this topic. I have yet to come across a clear answer for the best way to germinate these.
From what I have researched, I believe the best way I could germinate them is to:
- Soak them for 24-48 hours.
- Plant the seeds directly into the final 5 gallon pot.
Some of my main questions are:
- How will I know how much water I need to give the seedlings in the 5 gallon pot?
- With that much water going into the soil, could that cause fungus near the base of the pot?
- Do I need a fluorescent light for the Germ/Seedling stage? Or will the Bestva light work?
- If I plant them straight into the 5 gallon pots, will they be okay to germinate and sprout in the grow tent under the Bestva light?
I am just not entirely sure what to do and I would really appreciate some advice from you guys. This is my first time ever growing and I’m just trying to make sure I have the highest germination rate possible and give my plants the best chance of survival.
Thank you guys so much!