First time grower uk

3rd April

The last week I had to flush again as the lads were not taking nutrition so had to flush them back to 6.0ph
Made a new feed of 800ppm ph 6.2
Run off ppm100 ph 6.0

3 Likes

Day 65 week 4th week of flowering so ph for both is at 5.8 and doing well lots of light orange hairs not fully but I think next week start to flush with tap water for the final two weeks any advice or input would be good @MattyBear @Amjk @GreenCoat and sorry if iv missed any one :blush:

2 Likes

Youā€™ll be smoking your first grow in a month :sunglasses::+1: itā€™s a great feeling.

Do you have plans for edibles?

1 Like

Yep this is anther side of growing I want to learn edibles and haw to make honey THC Iā€™m a fond believer of using the whole plant of possible stems leaves even roots of thatā€™s possible Iā€™m also started brewing my own ale and would love to fuse the two

I also canā€™t wait Iā€™m a kid at Christmas and for saying all iv used is a fan Terra coco canna A&B and a 600w hps Iā€™m so chuffed for what iv done and I think the key is very little interference I just water first thing thatā€™s it other than tie ect when needed and I can wait for my next one when I have a full range of nutrition 6inch extraction co2 and led as well as the hps and I think Iā€™m going for a scrog buzzing :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Looking awesome @Watters, canā€™t really add any advice still havenā€™t harvested my First Ladies. :v:t2:Great job so far

1 Like

Iv got a bit of a ph problem plant A 5.6
Plant B 5.4 there taking no more nutrition so Iā€™m thinking itā€™s time for the final 2 week flush with just water my ph is 6.8/7.0 what do you guys think so Iā€™m going to feed them pure water every 2/3 days for the next two weeks ?

1 Like

Any advice on this would be amazing peeps @Amjk @HornHead @MattyBear @Myfriendis410 @Liljoe @GreenCoat

Hey @Watters

If youā€™re happy happy with the trichomes then nutrient lockout doesnā€™t matter at this point. But I would at least get your PH correct during your flush period to bring them to a close

1 Like

Thatā€™s not going to be possible mate as Iā€™m in England for the next two weeks so my wife is taking over and will not be able to get them out the loft as there huge and heavy so what would you suggest as sheā€™s going to struggle to sort the ph up Iā€™ll try asking her but a total flush is a no go bro @GreenCoat

Sweet will do iv been meaning to ask Amjk what the drilling in the base of the stalk and the two cocktail sticks

1 Like

When they say itā€™s 8 week flower time itā€™s a estimate they normally take a little bit longer than that to see you will need to be in flour for a minimum of 8 to 12 weeks I wouldnā€™t quite stop feeding it yet how many weeks in the flower are you again five weeks give or take?

2 Likes

Sorry @Wattersā€¦ youā€™re only at 4 weeks of flower 10 days ago. Donā€™t stop feeding just yet. Youā€™ll need to get your PH back in check and feed for at least another 2-3weeks + for best results.

2 Likes

I agree. You need to correct your PH, could you try watering more often with PH corrected water as I know your Mrs canā€™t move them, then when the PH is in better range start feeds again. Could be a Ppm issue also mate so check that.

Iā€™ll have my good friend re correct the ph in the feed as there not taking any nutrients ppm before feed is 800 and run off is 600/700 for both so I need to ideally bring the ph up in my feed so Iā€™m thinking 7.0ph as I canā€™t understand why the ph keeps plummeting as iv flushed them 3 times now to re correct the ph and still keeps dropping Iā€™m using a mix of terra pro 90% and coco 10% and Iā€™m only using canna A&B nothing else as Iā€™m on a very tight budget @GreenCoat @Amjk @Hogmaster

What are you using to adjust your PH?

Try getting a bucket of water and PH it to 5.8 and leave it for a day.

Test the PH and record it.

Then add your canna A&B calculating the amount of water used in the bucket.

Leave that for a day & test PH.

If nothing fluctuates then you have something contaminating your mediaā€¦ potentially undissolved salts. Coca is also known to mess with PH but being only 10%ā€¦ most likely not.

1 Like

Cool il try that as one is at 5.4 so was going adjust the ph for that one so itā€™s 6.3

And the other was reading 5.6 so was going to adjust to .7 to 6.2 as I have
2huge tubs of nutrition mix both should be holding 20L each reading 800ppm before feed.
Tbf bro I think itā€™s the pots as there not fit for purpose witch Iā€™ll sort for my next grow but other than that there looking amazing and no sight of a problem there staking wait the heat is still a little issue but nothing major iv been feeding them every 3 days 3L each to get a runoff and I think thatā€™s weā€™re the problem lies as if I feed the same amount every 2 days the ph drops but not as much as it has @GreenCoat

Have you tested your PH reader against another?

Calibratedā€¦?

1 Like

The wife spilt the calibrated solution lol bless her sheā€™s doing her best as she had a fall yest getting out the loft so I donā€™t want to stress her.
What should I be looking for in the plant as sights of no nutrients Iā€™m shore itā€™s yellowing leaves in some way

@GreenCoat hence why I couldnā€™t as her to get them out the loft to flush

Wow mateā€¦ that looks painful, hope she is mending well.

If she would have put the fall off for another month you could have given her your meds. (Hoping she has a sense of humour here ) :grimacing:

1 Like