First time grower trying to get some advice and good tips (grow journal)

My first grow was autos and they didnt grow much during veg but then ended at 3ft tall before harvest and produced decent buds.

the ppms are around 1500 in the water each other week when i change out the water then it gradually goes down as im refilling th bucket when it drinks some with ph balanced tap thats been left out.

1 Like

So when you change it out its at 1500 ppms or you don’t change it out at all and just top it off with pH’d water?

From as far as I can tell your plants look really happy and healthy. They will go through growth spurts periodically. The auto is going to do what it does, trust me it will grow and produce. Like I said for now keep doing what your doing as your plants are the nice lush green we all go for, this means they are happy. Also you will have a few days recovery time after any transplant, it puts a little stress on the plant and slows things down very briefly. See what happens over the next week and judge from there, by all means if issues arise hit us up and we will be glad to try and help anyway we possibly can. Im going to tag in one if the best hydro growers I know @peachfuzz, they have alot if hydro experience and can assist you alot better now that your in buckets.

1 Like

Sorry one last thought, always think about your canopy, you want it nice and even as possible so that all plants are getting equal light, since your autos are way smaller your should find a way to get them up to the same canopy level i.e place then onto of a stack of books or something like that

1 Like

I started a few months ago as well. Here are my tips i learned from my mistakes:

Train during the vegetative state, not flowering state.
Defoliation will help light reach other potential bud sites.
Companion plants and ladybugs can help with insects and promote a healthy plant.
Nutrient burn can happen if you are using soil with nutrients and feed the plant water with liquid nutrients.

1 Like

i change the water every 12 days or so with added nuits and every time i see water halfway i refill with ph balanced water.

1 Like

Seems to be working well, I’d just try to raise up the autos so the canopy is more even and they get equal light

gatcha is there a thing as two much light? when i first started i was using the mars hydro 1000 now im using the 3000 and its so bright it hurts my eyes lol is there a maximum amount of light they can recieve?

1 Like

yes you can burn your plants with lights that are to powerful for their size. I never run my HLG’s at more than 70% until bloom stage, at that point the plants can handle the full wattage. Distance from the top of the plants to your light will help with that. Each manufacturer typically has a chart for their recommended distance away from top off canopy for each stage the plant will go through, its always a good starting point and you can adjust from there based on the needs of your plants

1 Like