First time grower, this is 4 weeks old

You guys have been very helpful. Just wondering if this is right?

Plant seems small but looks healthy. Just not sure.

7 Likes

You definitely stunted the growth somewhere here are some autos I have around 4 weeks

2 Likes

Anyway to fix this???

1 Like

My first few plants i stunted because the ph was in the 8s but there could be a lot of factors

2 Likes

Ok, my water ph is 6.2. But the soil ph not sure, don’t have a tester yet. This is my second attempt, my first one got root rot because of soil I was using. Learned my lesson.

Im just hoping there is a way to recover from this, but it doesn’t seem like there is.

How sure are you that ur water pH is 6.2? Especially if you dont have a meter.

Digital liquid reading meters are much for effective then soil probes. Apera and BlueLabs are the best brands

1 Like

I have a water meter just not a soil one.

1 Like

Avoid the soil probe. Waste of cash.

To get soil’s pH, normally u just check runoff. Get pH and ppm before. Pour enough to fully saturate soil, then catch the last cup of runoff, check those numbers.

Slurry tests are a bit more certain…. Get a scoop of soil from just under the top. And a bottle of distilled. Pour the water in the dirt and mix well. Let sit for 12-24 hours. Check numbers.

Only problem with slurry is its impossible to get a scoop from the bottom…

3 Likes

What soil are you growing in? What nutes are you using ? Your light? Temps humidity? Could be a bunch of reasons

3 Likes

Its healthy but yah i think u have stunted the growth it will get better

2 Likes

I’m using Happy Frog and super soil mix. My light is a 100 watt light which sits in a 2x2x4 tent. Bought setup from neighbor and figured on trying to grow. Between the 2 soils I haven’t needed nutrients and shouldn’t need any from what I read and got advise on. Temp is ranging between 75 and 79. Humidity is a little low but holding strong at 50.

1 Like

my honest opinion…and take it lightly because i am a hydroponic grower…but i really believe that pot is far too big for that lil girl. you should be in a solo cup for a lot longer, again just my opinion based on my hydroponic growing experience, and i also have no clue if you let your seedling grow to like 6 inches and just planted the stretch deep in that soil…again with a young one that tiny …a pot that size seems like the pressure on the roots from the mass would be an issue…it also look slightly packed instead of loose …i have never attempted a soil grow so i could be completely wrong.

1 Like

that is so broad my friend, which light do you have exactly if possible.

2 Likes

I’d have to get the name when I get home I’m at work right now. But I can say it was from Amazon and it is full spectrum.

2 Likes

I let it grow in a solo cup. It’s 4 weeks almost 5 weeks old. The soil was put in loosely so the roots can breath. The pot size is big but as long as I water 2 inches from base of plant I should be good from what I read and watched.

Thank you for your help tho it’s much appreciated.

2 Likes

hahah its early morning not sure why i even chimed in as im not a soil grower…you obviously have done your research because you know things like watering 2 inches from base of plant etc. i have stunted seedlings in all manner of ways …good news like @Aussie_autos said…

…ok i meant to just quote the “it will get better” part but cant back the train up now

3 Likes

yessir please do. in any indoor grow you need to replicate nature and the hardest thing to do is re create the intesity and power of the sun when it comes to photosynthesis. so knowing your light is clutch…distance variables…lumens…dli intensity etc, all really important factors to be accustomed with when growing

1 Like

Went back in some of my earlier posts. It’s a FreeLicht LED Grow Light.

1 Like

FREELICHT FLD-1000 LED Grow Light, Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lamp for All Stage, High PPFD, Suitable for Greenhouse, Hydroponic, Commercial Indoor Plant Lighting https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B68TCRH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_869VE9R6AZXZJCMNKFC8

This one?

2 Likes

I start most of mine in the final grow medium and have no issues

2 Likes