First time grower, should I prune the fan leaves

First time growing (white widow) and it’s in veg 30 days maybe a little longer. My question is should I take away some of the fan leaves so light can penetrate the lower. I think I over topped or fim. Any help would be appreciated thanks :pray:

1 Like

Leave the fan leaves alone. Those are your solar panels for photosynthesis. So you will need them for your plant to grow properly. The bottom buds really won’t give you great buds so the top is your primary concern. I trim off lower branches so my plants don’t waste energy on them. Keep topping and get as many top colas as you can.

5 Likes

No… :wink:
She is looking beautiful… :grin:
@Vexer is correct… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Newgrowgirl I know alot of ppl say keep them.i personally pluck the real big ones probly twice in a grow at the stage u are now and 3 weeks into flower. I do abit of lst at the first pluck. My white widow loved it got 20oz out of a 4x4 and 600w hps. Just my opinion. Some good videos on YouTube about defoliation

3 Likes

Personally I carefully bend any fan leaves out of the way if they’re blocking bloom sites. Other than that, I only pluck off the unhealthy ones that pop up from time to time @Newgrowgirl

4 Likes

I’m with @Saffa. I pluck them through out my whole grow, if you do a few at a time it dose wonders for the lower section that everyone cuts off. I clean out my middles and lollipop them. Of course i dont mind some popcorn buds cause they get me stoned too. Really its up to you how you want to do it trial and error is the best teacher i think. Good luck and happy growing!

1 Like