First time grower, seeds in soil for about 41 hours in darkness under a dome with a heating pad.. should I turn my light on?

You’re doing good. Just be careful and don’t over water seedlings ,Take very little water. I suggest getting a plastic Dome,mist Inside the Dome. Couple times a day You can actually make one out of a clear plastic drink bottle cut in half. Good luck.

1 Like

thanks! they are under a dome right now and have been (pictured). I just took a picture of them with it off.

Should they each have their own individual dome?

3 Likes

Looks like your about to harvest any day now…lol. Baby pics are so cute…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

You’re good. I do the same.

1 Like

thanks everyone for the input! what a great community. I am looking forward to doing this.

Now when I end up transplanting out of these pots after they get too big for them… should I just go right to their final home?

I picked up 5 gallon cloth pots. But wasn’t sure if I should do maybe a smaller like maybe 3 gallon first?

This tent is a 48x24x60 tall… but I may pick up a 60x36x80 .

This is white widow which is supposedly to grow not as tall as others like 48" I read.

I’d love to have 6 plants going if I can… but minimum 4.

My own personal preference is 1st in a peat pot like you are now, then to a 1 gallon or similar and 3rd last transplant to a 5 gal. or final placement. That’s my own preference many will have there’s to follow surely. The only other thing to add is when I do autos which has only been twice i just went small pot str8 to final 5 gal home for less stress which was recommended by other more experiences auto growers…

1 Like

Dang just from this morning these girls already grew quite a bit !

1 Like

Thinking I should switch to 18-on / 6-off now?

2 Likes

@kellydans @CoyoteCody @MrPeat @AngryKitten @LoCoRock

Ok so this morning just opened and one of them is leaning way over, it’s been the tall one so far.

I also checked the bottom of the pots and notice the roots coming through, also notice a hint of mold underneath there on one of the other pots (pictured)

Should I move to different pots?

1 Like

I have never used jiffy pots and I have never had to transplant that small so i dont k omw what the implications are. I do know that i run my seedlings at 18/6 now because they get put in with my vegging plants, as opposed to the 20/4 schedule I used to keep them on, I have not noticed a huge difference yet. I would also make sure to keep any standing pools of water off of the tray, to try to prevent any mold growth, I have not dealt with that yet either.

1 Like

or should I use the soil space I have to top off the pots to try to get that seedling standing up better?

1 Like

that makes sense with the tray, mine was definitely wet a few times. beginners mistake there.

I don’t really want to transplant but just noticing the roots going through and this one plant drooping over because it’s not strong enough and stretched. Should I take the dome off and put a fan in here?

all advice greatly appreciated!!

1 Like

I have had root grow through the bottom of my solo cups and they just air prune themselves and they will start branching off instead of going straight down, but I have never done it with plants that small, as for the one that is leaning over I would just use something to stick into the soil and prop it up, if you do use a fan, and I do at that point, put it on super low and have it blowing indirectly on the plants, so just enough to make them quiver, but make sure to maintain a healthy humidity for them, mine is around 45-50% and I haven’t had any issues with my new batch of seedlings.

also thinking, should I also just lower my light more?

1 Like

What is the wattage? And how far is it from the top of the seedlings?

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Certified-Reflector-V600-Spectrum/dp/B019ETLC7M/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=JX4VKH4ZTNCCY87D9YE3&th=1

That is the light I have - 600W LED

These are the recommendations they give:

3-5 days Acclimation Period----40"-44" —10 on / 14 off–VEG on / BLOOM off

Seedlings/Young Vegetative----36"-40"–12 on / 12 off–VEG on / BLOOM off

Vegetative Stage-----28"-36"—18 on / 6 off—VEG on / BLOOM on

Flowering Stage—20"-24"------12 on / 12 off—VEG on / BLOOM on

I’ve had it about 40" away .

2 Likes

Just stack some dirt up around the base of the leaner or add dirt like you said. You got it it’s a weed don’t doubt yourself you got this… easy Japanese

2 Likes

Ya I would drop it down to around probably 30-32 inches and see what they do, I would start by dropping them to 36 for a day then 34 and then 32 and see what they do. That’s where I keep mine at around that stage, I will say those lights like mine are super underpowered for anything we want to do, they will grow weed, just not the huge yeilds you want, they like I said they will grow weed, i was happy with the smoke i got from my first harvest, I just didnt get a lot of it.

1 Like

I have personally used that light. For seedlings 40 inch is too high. I would lower down to about 30 Your seedlings are stretching too much at 40 in. Top the cups back off with some soil stand your seedlings backup. Small fan Get a little air flowing Get the ladies dancing a little. make the stems stronger.

2 Likes

you all are so awesome, thank you!! @kellydans @CoyoteCody @LoCoRock

3 Likes