First time grower , outdoors autoflower uk

@kaptain3d @Tenga @scowners @Chasworks @Cratix
Hi all , first time grower, using critical purple auto flower seeds, two germinated , I have one in compost and one in a mix of Coco, perlite and a little compost. Plan to grow them both outside in the back garden here in the uk. The compost one is looking a bit sorry for itself, the Coco one looking ok , approx week old, can anybody tell me if the size of the Coco on is about right ??? Total novice here, so sorry in advance if I ask s

one dumb questions,

3 Likes

Hello there! She’s looking just fine! But be careful not to water too much at this stage…!

2 Likes

Thanks, will do

Looking good an healthy also not surprised your girl in Coco is doing great when I get home I’ll take a pic of my new girl dropped the seed in water Sunday and planted monday she’s already an inch

1 Like

Look good, when watering go around the plant to promote the roots to grow out. Not directly on the stem.

1 Like

Anything I can do to resuce with the one in compost? Or is just wait and see job?

Thanks chas

It looks wet let the soil dry out some and see how she responds. Not much you can do besides wait and see. They are more fragile in the seedling stage. Try not to worry

1 Like

@chasworks Thanks for the advice

1 Like

These are mine all three in compost growing indoors in a cupboard in UK too under 2000W cheap Chinese LED :laughing:

Moved them to the window so could really arrange the cupboard as they’re getting a bit tight now :laughing: larger one is just over 4 weeks by a day or two and started flower a few days ago, my next bunch I’m going to germinate i am planting in coco coir or fibre and perlite too so be interesting see the difference :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

Nice looking ladies! Color is saying happy to me! Nice work. Stay lit :hotsprings:

2 Likes

Lovely looking plants,

1 Like

Hi all this baby is now approx 10 days old,

does the size look about right? Should not be bigger,? it’s been in the conservatory most days , with the odf day outside good old English weather dependent of course . Any idea when I should start feeding?

2 Likes

Be patient… The roots are forming for now it seems… pretty soon now she should have a spurt of growth. As for the feeding, wait until the cotelydon starts to yellow off. In the meantime, they have all your seedling needs! That’s my two cents! And don’t forget, be careful not to over-water… At this stage, less is more! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, I’m too being inpatient

1 Like

We’re all guilty of that, but it’s a weed! We have to let it do it’s things first and then we can train them to do what we want. But you need a good base! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Sorry for the multiple pics, accidental

1 Like

What compost did you use?

1 Like

I’m literally using Wilkinson’s own on this grow :laughing: Wilkinson’s is a uk store, sells all sorts of gardening and home supplies etc, things like that…

I was the same with you with impatience and the start buddy lol! Impatience killed my first three, using just straight top soil, suffocated them, at like 2 days old :joy: this is my second attempt the first (half) thought out attempt and my largest one the glue gelato is in day 4/5 of flower right now And stands at 17” tall

2 Likes