First Time grower on auto flowering and indoor

I am a first time grower starting out with a feminized auto flower blueberry. I have planted the seed in a potting soil mix and was curious as to how long from germination to sprout it would take, and I am willing to listen to any advice.

2 Likes

@Alteredmindset, welcome to ILGM forum :person_raising_hand: :innocent: , For your question, it really depend if you have started your seed before put it in the soil !? If you started your seed before, it can take about 2-3 days to show her hoe :wink::innocent:. If not, it can take as much as 5-7 days and it’s not recommand to do so !:hushed:

The technic that I recommand is the soaking for at least 24 hrs in a mug with distil water in a dark place and check when the seed crack and show sign of sprouting , then, using tweezers delicatly put the seed in the grow medium you have choose :wink::innocent:

Hoping that you’ll find this helpful :innocent::v:

4 Likes

Anywhere from 2-7 day’s normally but can depend on strains, I myself am growing blueberry but not an auto and also outside,now did you soak your seeds first or just put them straight into soil ,as that can determine how long they will take , also what type of soil is it

4 Likes

Hi! @Coltfire, i’m out of like so, :heart_eyes::kissing_smiling_eyes::wink::innocent:

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, I started with a seed starter potting mix no fertilizer, I planted directly into the soil. Moist soil, not soaked. I had reservations about any other method as it is my first time growing and I just wanted to safe. I feared that I would damage the roots. it has only been four days and I was looking for a reference time. I have checked out other forums and some growers actually recommended that I use jiffy natural and organic seed starting mix. Although a lot of others have told me similar things about the cup or paper towel method. I just wanted to get a feel for it and was curious as to the difference and times. I would also like to add about lighting as I am only growing one plant at a time. I have a Good bright tek two high output florescent light, at 10 k lumens and about 110 watts. I wanted to start small, and see how it goes. I will be switching out to a PAR bulb in a week as it has a full spectrum lighting and can go from veg to bloom without changing the bulbs…any advice on that would help…tight budget that I have and willing to do more when time and money are available. Again…thank you all for responding as I appreciate it and ILGM seed lines as well…yes I am using your products and I am suggesting this site to friends who are like minded.

5 Likes

Just an update…five days and the plant is starting to sprout…I guess patience is key.

7 Likes

You will need a lot of this ^ as you watch them grow, especially as you get close to harvest time. Good Luck!

6 Likes

It’s a virtue… @Alteredmindset

5 Likes

this is the type of grow light I have.This is the type of bulbs I am getting later.

1 Like

Looking good :blush: I use leds my self but you should be good :+1:
But again don’t know much about them lol

2 Likes

thank you Countryboyjvd1971, I have made some strides since growing with them and so far, they seem to be efficient. It is bright with the lamp I have now and no stretching.

1 Like

Please keep us up-to-date and post pictures when and if possible everyone will be more than happy to watch and help congratulations on your sprouts

3 Likes

Hogmaster, thank you very much. I am keeping a journal, and will start photos soon. The sprout is already showing broad leafs and looks healthy, the water leaves are still there as it is only on it’s second day.

1 Like

I wanted to thank you for the advice. I am proceeding with my grow nicely, and next time I will be using the paper towel method as I have heard only good things, this is the sixth day of sprout and it is already growing at a rapid rate.

1 Like

I just wanted to show my progress after eight days, tommorow I will be transplanting and thought that it would be nice to show some pics…I want to thank everyone on their input!

2 Likes

Looking good bro
Just remember patience at this stage is important
Keep up the good work :v::+1:

2 Likes

I did notice my leaf upturning and thought that might be over watering, looked through several forums and found it to be the case. I hope the transplant does not shock my girl.

Just let her rest and adapt to her new home in a day or two she’ll be comfy cozy try just misting her to keep soil moist but not wet and let her be

1 Like

Ah, look at that cute little baby pot plant! :innocent:

1 Like

Well I transplanted and my girl looks very happy, see for yourselves, side note, using fox farms ocean forest and happy frog 5-5-5<when it is needed.

4 Likes