First time grower. Northern Lights Auto

Hello friends!

This is my first time ever attempting a grow on my own, and I’d love any and all advice from you seasoned growers out there. I’m currently growing two Northern Lights Auto’s, and both plants are about two weeks old. I did as much research as I could prior to ordering my seeds, and I believe I have things off to a fairly good start.
I’m using 3x 100w Phillips CLF 6500k 1600L bulbs per plant. Miracle grow potting soil per IGML instructions for this strain. 6.5-7 ph water every 2-3 days depending on first 2-3 inches of soil dryness(nuckles deep). I have what I believe to be a sutible drainage system set up for both plants. I’m providing constant air flow for the plants via fans pointed directly at each plant. Temps are maintained between 75-80 during the day and 71-72 during the night, with low humidity around 25-30%. This set up is being done inside my bedroom closet.

So what do you guys think so far? Do they look healthy? Any advice? All is welcome!

3 Likes

You should see pre flowers in the next 3-4 week’s but that’s pretty much it just keep an eye on them.

1 Like

@yoshi So about a month to pre flower yet, then another 56 days to harvest?

Looks like you are doing a great JOB! I have not yet started to grow, waiting on the seeds from the mail. But I am curious about what kind of lights?

1 Like

I don’t think anything more than CFL’s are needed for autoflowers, but that’s just my opinion. I’d recommend going with a good brand, Phillips is good. 100w x 3 per plant is what I use, and the plants have been responding very well to it. Go for the 6500k 1600L per bulb.

You might be over watering a little bit by the looks of things… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Looks great, I love your plants, mine are same age , but about one third of the size of yours…
Good job !!!

1 Like

Timothy, What are CFL?

Welcome to ILGM. Looks like you have a good start and the plants look healthy. A couple things I just wanted to mention.
Your humidity is a little low. Will likely be OK but a little rise would help your plants. Veg humidity ideally should be 40-70 %. The tips of one plant, the lower one in the first set of pictures, is showing a little tiny burn on it. Not bad but you might want to try to get your pH a little closer to 6.5 and away from 7. The range should be 6.5 - 6.8. Otherwise, you have a great start.

If you are gong to keep a journal, a really good thing for a beginner, I would suggest filling out a support ticket. Then if something goes wrong, as it invariably does with almost all of us, the information will be available so we do not have to ask a lot of questions in order to give you an opinion on what to do.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post. Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you

Looking forward to seeing your progress on the grow. Jerry

1 Like