First time grower - new tent and light AGAIN!

Thanks :blush: I’ve been a secret admirer of yours since I read raustins thread. Appreciate your invite :man_student:

5 Likes

She is super wonderful and has been so helpful to me!! You are off to a great start and I’m sure a plentiful harvest is in your future! :+1:t3:

4 Likes

I can’t find the right words so I thought this was worth repeating :heart_eyes:
Made it from start to finish. Went through a full battery 3 times lol!
Your thread is nothing but A+ reference material :clap: :clap: :clap: you rock :metal:

5 Likes

Thank you so much @Redeyedranger - I am grateful for the likes and it makes me very happy that my journal was helpful to you. I only started in January of this year and everything I learned came from the people here and their journals. And yours will someday do the same for someone else! Keep up the good work - your mainlining and LST work are spot on!
Best to you, Jeb :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Thank you for the likes @PurpNGold74 :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I was reading through. Around 400 or so but beautiful journal so far. That doggone @dbrn32 been at it for a while. Skills are both legendary and appreciated.

And im PAST in love with your 3 tent set up. Found this journal from another mention of a perpetual and so far ur on track. No spoilers! :joy::joy::joy: but again. Beautiful setup

5 Likes

Thanks so much! I fell in love with this hobby and there is no going back - I am completely hooked! If you need light help - there is no one better than @dbrn32!

3 Likes

Think ima stop and wait for my likes tomaro. I LOVE this journal. Like me with a good enough checkbook! Great work so far. @ 450~ WWA look GREAT (even stretchy :joy:) GL all look even better. Love the DIY touch. That guy sell lights like my neighborhood pharmacist sells meds!

Again! Your set up so far shows me now. Plan AHEAD! Its effing gorgeous. Look forward to catchin up soon. Keep up the Green Work. N tell those ‘patients’ be grateful n burn a bowl for me :wink::wink:

1 Like

Those are absolute facts. He has been helping my broke butt. I think u taught him ‘give a horse screenshots he can buy, teach a horse to read product numbers he can screenshot himself’ :joy::rofl::joy::upside_down_face::joy:

2 Likes

I just ask him to make me a shopping list and buy what he says - I will never understand the language he speaks! Ever! :wink:

3 Likes

Thats a honest judgement of the relationship. He is like Google Lighting. Type in spacing, expected usage, expected returns, and budget and you’ll get an answer. Lol.

4 Likes

Happy I can help you guys and gals out

5 Likes

@Momtomask
Given your recent “experiments” do you think I should trim some bottom leaves, wait til flower, or just leave them they turn yellow?

2 Likes

My gut says to cut them off

3 Likes

Many people have differing thoughts on defoliating but in my grow room they would be snipped. Although they are not directly interfering with any buds - I also think that selective trimming encourages the growth where you want it. Again, just my opinion. :wink:

PS I always trust my gut :+1:t3:

6 Likes

I like nature take its corse with that if it’s not interfering with outher bud sights let nature shed what it needs to that’s my opinion lol

5 Likes

Hi everybody - I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend! I enjoyed mine with some gardening thrown in on both Saturday and today.

This update will probably be in several posts so I can keep it straight - please bear with me -

When walking in the garden the other night I decided some of the plants needed a bit more room - so we did some rearranging combined with transplanting. I had my awesome helper for the heavy lifting jobs :hugs:

These two girls are the least trained (GL Monster clones that didn’t fit in the greenhouse) since going outside (mid-May) and only in 3 gal pots.

I decided to transplant one into a bigger cloth pot but leave the other to see what happens. When transplanting the other the roots were well formed but not bound.

I then cleaned up the bottoms and used stakes to open them both up.

Unfortunately I was a little too rough with the one in the cloth pot and split her stem right at the root!

I quickly used the training wire to do repairs :pray:t3:

I think she will be OK it has been many hours since the accident and I see no wilting. Gave my heart quite the lurch to hear that cracking sound :scream:

!

Here they are in the new spot Adam and I created with new bamboo trellis behind - some weed fabric and a pallet to keep them off the ground

In that last pic - the plants to the left are these girls close up - I’ve decided I really like these screen things as scrog devices.

I did a plant with one yesterday

And this is how she looked today - all perked up!

At one point today it was raining pretty good so some transplanting work got done under the picnic table umbrella

11 Likes

So post two of the weekend update

As many of you know - I had a cloning problem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but I got professional help and have been on the NO CLONING wagon for a few weeks now. However I ended up with too many plants and no where to put them but outside. As I was running out of room and daylight so to speak, the last girls went outside last weekend. Today some of them have been transplanted and some are just going to have to get by.

This girl I wanted to do right by - she is my oldest Purple Haze born on March 11th and she made me a ton of PH clones!

She’s had a week to acclimate herself to the outdoors and do a little stretching

Adam and I made her a new spot and built her a new bamboo scrog

We put it on her yesterday - it looks like a torture chamber :scream:

But today she looks a little better

Hopefully I have learned from my mistake with the SSHs that are out of control in their greenhouse scrog. As these branches come up through the scrog I must tie them down!

Speaking of the greenhouse

I cleaned up all the lower levels of the GL monsters that are lining the sides. If there was anything under the first screen it got snipped
Left side

Right side

I’m so OCD I want to get a shop vac and suck up the loose dirt around the pots :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I also cleaned up some more of the SSH - the left one still needs more cleared out - I have heard horror stories of the bud rot/mold issues other growers have had and I dread it. This being my first outdoor grow I have tried to be super conscientious about bugs and air.

The good news is everything in the greenhouse is thriving

The bad news is - there’s a roof

More supercropping is tomorrow’s task!

A couple pics of the length of the garden - a true work in progress :+1:t3:

And two other scrog victims

And no clones were taken!!

10 Likes

I love your posts, and that you garden with your son. I occasionally get a little help with my girls from my girls (two daughters)… and love that. But nothing as regular as your helper. And I have nothing like your masterful garden. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Last weekend update post :dizzy_face:

The Veg tent

Upper shelf - lots a LST going on

Lower shelf

The scrog flower tent - hoping/planning for end of month finish

And the other flower tent - I gave all these girls serious trims on Monday and think they are bouncing back

There are five of them in the tent at lights out but for lights on I have one of them in the Veg tent as a light experiment - she is the big one in the back middle

And last but not least - I have a new baby!
Blue Dream Auto

I hope everyone enjoys this hobby as much as I do!
Have a great week, Jeb

15 Likes