First time grower - new tent and light AGAIN!

The bags are 11Wx18Lx16" - I’m not a math wiz to figure out that gallon capacity equals but I think they are going to work great for the bonsai shaped plants. I might do one of those like the scrog tote @Mudcrab01 has created. Haven’t quite decided which plants to experiment on yet. I will post results tomorrow :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @elheffe702 - having a great time with this hobby! There’s so much to learn and do! Thinking of you, I actually planted tomatoes today!! Hopefully they like FF/HF soil as much as my MJ plants do :+1:t3:

1 Like

Those dimensions come to 13.7142857143 gallons. Tree pots lol!

My tomatoes are sprouting today. I think I’ll only have room for one plant…one pot for sure. I added a third level to the closet. I’ll post some pics when I get a chance.

Btw, I have no experience in the garden in the past 25-30 years or so. So, we’ll see how this goes. Sprouts are a good start!

1 Like

Thanks for the calculation! Holy cow - that’s a lot more than I would have thought! Maybe I don’t want to scrog in those pots then - I want to see a weed tree!! I must think on this some more.

2 Likes

I thought it sounded high, too. But if that’s a gallon jug, the footprint would certainly hold six of them, and two layers of them would make a dozen. The gaps in between makes up the other gallon.

1 Like

Toss some clones in those, outside. In a few months, you’ll have trees!

1 Like

Happy Sunday everyone! Beautiful blue sky day here on the Cape - little chilly for swimming but some of us are transplanting so perfect weather! Busy day today for this growin mama! Updates later but here’s a cute family photo shot of all my baby girls :hugs:

9 Likes

Today’s gardening kicked my butt!

I started indoors with planting clones:

The peat pellets from last weekend worked fine but not as well as the rapid rooters - and it made the tray so yucky :frowning:

then moved on to taking news clones,

Getting into the cloning section is a tight squeeze

then transplanting older clones,

then transplanting bigger Vegging clones

then transplanting other bigger Vegging plants

And then trying to find a spot for all of these :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

These are the bonsai ones and I hope to make them an experimental “autopot” grow in the greenhouse with another bamboo scrog once we see how they take to the GH.

These two were in the greenhouse

and are now in large 15 gallon totes - I hid them in a section of my yard that keeps them in the sun a few hours of the day but away from any interference or notice. I want weed trees!

And this girl is another guerilla grow in a different section of the yard in a 5 gal pot

and finally to wrap up the day - I watering everybody!

PS my son was an awesome helper today mixing soil, drilling holes in the totes, and lugging totes and pots for me

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :+1:t3:

10 Likes

Looking good @Momtomask. You definitely have your hands full with all of your plants. Keep up the good work! :v:

I love the square pots. Cool

2 Likes

You do great work! We need to get you over to the lab :+1:

1 Like

That is a GREEEEEEENhouse! Everything, inside and out, looks fantastic. You are officially a “journey(wo)man” and no longer any sort of novice. Your grows are exemplary. :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

My goodness your set up and effort that you put in is outstanding and its great that you have some help with all you have going on right now thank you again for sharing all that you have already with us all and it has given my a goal even if I pick up how tidy you keep everything lol great stuff my dear friend :v:.

2 Likes

It all looks fantastic! Definitely watching

1 Like

Wow, i’m just so impressed with everything you’re doing and you seem to have it all down so perfectly. I love how your son helps, that’s so cute.

1 Like

Wtg farmer!!

1 Like

I know :heart_eyes: I told you he has disabilities but there are lots of things he can do. Anytime I can let him do the “manly” stuff for his mom he feels very proud of himself. You should have seem him carrying the 15 gal totes full of soil and a 30" plant in it :+1:t3:

8 Likes

It’s probably really good for him to help mom, good for both of you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s awesome!

I love to see weed bringing families closer together :wink:

5 Likes

Hello my friends - hope everyone had a wonderful relaxing Saturday :blush:

It’s time for the weekend update. As some of you know from another thread I started, today was my first day of having my flower tents be in “lights out” mode during the daytime so it was weird not being able to check on them. Doesn’t mean I didn’t keep my perpetual grow going.

I didn’t mess with my clones from last weekend today - but I did lots of transplanting of others. Once my clones have been growing for a few weeks in their tiny pots of seed starter soil, I transplant them into 1 gal pots with HF on the top and my blended HF/OF for the rest.

Transplant pot is ready and hole is sprinkled with root stimulator stuff I use

Very nice roots for a clone that went in soil on May 15

And then - waalah

I did this for any plant that needed it but left a few for 3 gal transplant. Once again I am in that holding pattern while I wait for one of the flower tents to finish up.

Veg tent top shelf

Veg tent lower shelf

And whole Veg tent - notice how they are all clones!!

@budtastic @dbrn32 @Screwauger @neckNflu @Tylan @GreenThunder @peachfuzz @WillyJ

17 Likes

So one of my flower tents had 5 Gold Leaf clones that had been flowering for different times periods.

The oldest 2 (up front) had only had molasses water this past week and finally had enough cloudy trichomes sprinkled with amber for me to put them in darkness in my closet. I didn’t bother with stem splitting for these two. My patients have been nagging me to have a new harvest.

So now there are three

10 Likes