First time grower - new tent and light AGAIN!

I’m with @garrigan62. You need to get that fan hung up near the top, blowing the heat out, and another sucking fresh air in.

Your indoor grow is phenomenal, as usual. Great work :+1:

2 Likes

@Momtomask you know what I think about how you and your plants are doing :100: :+1:. I have grown only inside and during the summer months I have a battle with heat also, as what @garrigan62 and @elheffe702 has said would have to help even out doors if you could possibly do those things I would agree that it would benefit you, I use my intake fan with an AC blown cooler air right behind my intake and then with my extractor fan I use it to pull the hot air out off the room (Tent), I hope this does help in some way, actually just one more opinion only if its possible off course I full bottles with rain water and freeze them and put them in with a fan blowing behind them, you would probably have to keep them in some sort of shade area or just covered over, these are only suggestions my friend I really am looking forward to the end of your wonderful grow :v:.

2 Likes

@Momtomask maybe if @Willd has something in mind that could help you out some I have been following some threads and hopefully he can help, Will Sir, I hope you don’t mind me putting things your way mate :v:.

1 Like

Thank you again everyone! @elheffe702 @Johnzy81 @MattyBear @garrigan62 @BIGE I will go out this morning and buy some clip on fans I hope my plants just take this as hardening up (in reverse :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) as long as they don’t hermie on me :pray:t3:

3 Likes

They will be fine. I have had temps higher than that… Got lucky as hell.
And … no I don’t mind at all

Will

2 Likes

Hi there - well this is what I came up with for the exhaust - armed and dangerous with zip ties and bungee cords!

!

I took the biggest SSH from the greenhouse and put her in a 5 gal pot and set her outside altogether - inspired by @DoomSack and @highcountrygal among others to see what can happen completely outdoors. Might even find another helpless victim to plant in the ground to get complete outdoor experiment going :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

With the 20" box fan on the floor in front of the door bringing air in and the exhaust taking it out of the top - this is the current temp but the sun is not beating straight down right now. Earlier it was up to 96 but I hadn’t finished the exhaust fan yet

Today was the first actual sunny day that I have been home to watch how the sun travels over the greenhouse and I discovered it is in full on sun from 12:30 to 3:30 - we will see if I have to rethink the positioning.

Thanks again for the help @BIGE @garrigan62. @MattyBear @Johnzy81 @elheffe702 @livefast

9 Likes

awesome idea @Momtomask

2 Likes

Very nice window unit @Momtomask ! I’m curious to see how well that SSH does. I’ve found SSH does pretty dang good outside personally. Everything is looking great. Your going to have all your bases covered if plant one in the ground too.

1 Like

Hell yes! That’s perfect. Good job :+1:

1 Like

Hey there @Momtomask, you have seemed to have get exactly what I was thinking what was worrying me to be quite honest my friend is when I did post earlier I should off mentioned that it might off been a little costly on you or any off us new set up growers that are so so impressed with everything you have shared with us, me for one I will come back to this thread many more time’s in the future for some inspirational motivations for sure and now there is an outdoor grow now all so you definitely don’t not do anything in half measurements. I’m really looking forward to how those fan sort thinks out for you I can’t wait against excellent job @libertine066 this is a thread you would love to follow it is so interesting you would want to do it and right now :wink: it’s a master piece buddy.

2 Likes

Thank you @Johnzy81 - you have been my “across the pond” friend since this adventure began! Your support has been wonderful! One of the first pointers you gave me was to write everything down and that has been invaluable advice! :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Thank you my friend your efforts are unmatched and I for one am very grateful to you for that il be here to the end for sure :v:.

1 Like

Buy some shade cloth to drape over the most exposure.

2 Likes

Great advice

2 Likes

Thank you @Willd Sir, I know that you are very busy, I have never grown outside but I am learning all I can when it comes to Green Houses and the best method’s to be able to handle different things that might come my way when I do thank you again :v:.

1 Like

When a FB reminder of your memories actually does the job. Heading there again now with bigger grandsons and not so blonde hair :+1:t3:

To all who have served - thank you from the bottom of my heart :purple_heart: Jeb

9 Likes

So after all my efforts yesterday to deal with the high temps - Mother Nature laughs at me with clouds, 50s and now rain. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@DoomSack and other outdoor growers - ph of rain? :wink:

6 Likes

Looking good. Depending on your geography it’s not such a joke (acid rain) but definitely free water so enjoy :wink: ! Just make sure it’s enough for it, I’ve been getting scattered rain showers that quit half way and then I’m out watering anyways lol.

1 Like

So I put out a clean glass jar outside to catch some rain water and I am thrilled to report that Cape Cod rain comes in at 6.5 on the nose!! I might have to invest in a rain barrel :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Awh how do you find the time but I’m loving all off this, and I send you all good wishes to you and yours on a special day for you @Momtomask. :v: :1st_place_medal: :v:.

1 Like