First time grower - new tent and light AGAIN!

The Tetris maneuvers continue :blush:

In the Veg tent the bigger plants were getting too close to the lights and I need them to stay in there for at least 3-4 more weeks while the GLs finish up in one of the 3x3s. So I eliminated the bottom seedling shelf and just have two shelves both with their own EB strip lights.
Much better.

Before - top shelf :

After:

Before Second shelf:

After:

Lots more height available now :+1:t3:

@Mudcrab01 @Dieselgrower @DoomSack @Screwauger @HJL @Smokin_ernie @dbrn32 @elheffe702 @livefast @raustin

12 Likes

The scrog tent

The GL tent

The whole room

Growing mama :hugs:

14 Likes

that growing MMJ hobby has gotten serious! lol
i started in a 2x2 now in 6x16 and could use more growspace…lol it never ends!

6 Likes

I am loving this hobby :heart_eyes: I have been very fortunate that most everything has gone very well so far. I’m sure if I had killed my first batch of seedlings I might not have the same feelings. There is so much to learn and try :+1:t3:

6 Likes

No kidding @BIGE

I feel like a junior operator looking at this @Momtomask
Organized, healthy, numerous. I appreciate what it takes to keep all that going on, great growing!!!

2 Likes

Looks like you’re doing damn well too! There’s nothing wrong with your vegging plants as far node spacing or anything appears. They’re just growing well! You could maybe try controlling that with smaller pots in the future if need be, and then just try to time potting up. But your plants look very good.

3 Likes

I agree! You’re one growing momma!

2 Likes

I am in awe of your setup and skills. You are killing it, @Momtomask!

1 Like

I can only agree :100: % with everything just excellent my friend :v:.

1 Like

@Momtomask you are busy the plants are looking great.

1 Like

Good job @Momtomask looks like a sweet set up ya got goin there :+1:

1 Like

Thanks everybody - your guidance and encouragement have made all the difference to this newbie. :blush:

Now the bad news:
My outdoor grow which got started on Mother’s Day is having terrible temp struggles. The first week was fine as the sun never came out - but this week has been unexpectedly brutal.

I have an adult disabled son who is pretty high functioning so I gave him the job of texting me the temps of all my tents everyday. One text said the temp is 97 in the greenhouse, and then a few minutes later he texted nope - make that 100! I thought I would die :tired_face:

I have cut windows in all sides and made a “backdoor” on the opposite side of the front door. So that’s all four sides with ventilation. And the greenhouse isn’t even in full sun for more than a few hours each day. Today I even hooked up a box fan. I have got to get this worked out - it isn’t even actual summer yet!

I have eleven plants out there in 3 gal pots and I will be so upset if they die on me - probably more upset if they hermie :cry:

Here are some pics of the greenhouse and plants
One side:

The other side:

The back:

The upper window back

The front:

And the plants - 8 GL clones along the sides being scrogged and 3 SSH on the floor in the center

@MattyBear any thoughts on keeping the temp down? Or who else with greenhouse experience might have some tips? @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Mudcrab01

7 Likes

I see some trees, could that be enough space and prob a lot of shade with the trees… just an idea :v:

1 Like

looking great @Momtomask, those are going to be big!

1 Like

Thanks @BIGE Do you have any thoughts on how I can keep the temps down?

1 Like

are you in the green house for stealth?

1 Like

Yes - it’s legal here but neighbors are nosey and I don’t want bozo stoner teenagers getting too curious. Do you think they would be better off in the ground?

1 Like

how bozo are the teens?lol
could you raise more of the skirt around bottom to let air flow?

3 Likes

Fans and ventilation is all you can really do. Make sure you keep them watered so the pots don’t dry out in the heat. Mother Nature is a gift and a curse when growing outdoors lol

2 Likes

@Momtomask

Heat rise’s so if there is any way you could mount a fan up top in the front and have it sucking air into the tent (Freash Air ) and a fan at the other end blowing the hot air out. There should be some kinda way to mount them up the.

3 Likes