First time grower - new tent and light AGAIN!

Not sure @Momtomask is usually active this late @BigPapaBuds but if you scroll up to around post 350 of this thread, he custom built that light using gen 2 eb strips from bridgelux. Did a fine job too, if I may say so.

There’s probably a half dozen or so members with similar lights they built themselves. And quite a few more with diy projects using different leds.

2 Likes

@BigPapaBuds - thanks and @dbrn32 was right - I’m on the East coast - ususally asleep by 11:00pm - if you look through the thread you will see I recently built that strip light with tons of guidance and I am hoping it will be sufficient as my Veg light. My seedlings start under the Sunblaster dome with one 20w cfl tube - then move up to the next section under 2 20w cfl tubes and then when they are about 4-5 weeks old from seed they will graduate to 1 gal pots and the new DIY lights. I have two 3x3 flower tents one with a soon to be replaced 450w Viparspectra and the other with two 400w Roleadro Cobs. I started my first grow on January 13 and the whole grow has been a work in progress. This is an amazing forum with a wonderful group of supportive and kind people. Hope that helps. Happy growing! Jeb

6 Likes

How did the Vipar 450 work out? Just ordered it.

1 Like

It’s great for Veg but a bit too weak in flower. Right now it is doing a pretty good job finishing flowering on just two WWs with the light at about 15"
I plan to upgrade to a Quantum Board next week and move this Viparspectra into the tent with my two Cobs

9 Likes

Beautiful! @Momtomask

2 Likes

Thanks @willyj - I can’t believe I am almost at harvest time!! More stuff to learn!! :hugs:

3 Likes

Yes important stuff looks like your going to have some fantastic stuff to work with and everyone here will get you through just fine…study up on the dry and cure…very important for getting the results your looking for…by the looks of things your a very good learner and pick right up on things…I’m sure you’ll do great! @Momtomask

5 Likes

Beautiful looking big bud right there you thinking about BOM @Momtomask.?? @Countryboyjvd1971 is also thinking about doing so if you do best off luck to you both, @Momtomask you have really taken to all off this congratulations on your great success so far mate impressive for sure :v:.

2 Likes

Nice job @Momtomask looking good
@Johnzy81 if i enter a bud in the Bom it will be to simply show off the genetics from Ilgm and not to competent
I haven’t entered it ever so on the fence lol

2 Likes

Hahaha, CB I was thinking in that same sort off way, but for people that are new to the forum it is and would be a great rush to even be able to get some more recognitions for there efforts and getting that sense of accomplishment at the end off a grow :v:.

2 Likes

Thanks. Great info. I got two babies who love classical music. Shout out to my daughter for that information. They broke soil 12 hours later. Got four leaves after six days and growing. The music doesn’t stop now, :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So the little bud we took on Sunday was dried hanging in a medium sized box with a small heater/fan blowing in the direction of the box about 6ft away which kept the RH at 55-60 and the temp around 70. My eldest daughter (the one who has made me a proud gramma) is about to be my tester. I know about curing for the whole harvest etc, but this was just to get a sample. :wink:

10 Likes

Looks tasty! :yum:

1 Like

Bud envy :slightly_smiling_face:

The sample WW was given a big thumbs up my my daughter and son-in-law. They said it tasted great and had a lovely upbeat high! And of course they made me cut a few more buds that are drying now. I had wanted to do a staggered harvest to let the under buds have some light so it’s a win/win. I am so happy to have grown some smokable medicine for my kiddos! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Happy Saturday Everyone!
I worked on the Veg tent today and all it’s pretty little inhabitants. I think what I like best about this perpetual harvest - is there always seems to be something to do. My flowering tents are doing their thing very nicely, but it’s like watching paint dry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I topped all the seedlings and gave them their first FF feeding - they have all been in soil since 3/14 (popped out of peat pellets on 3/12).

Some of them are doing so well I had to adjust them in the tray so they were down a bit lower. I don’t want to burn the tips but I am also keeping my light close as I only have 2 more inches to move the light up.

The 3 Monster clones I planted last week are in with the seedlings and also got their first Grow Big feeding today. From what I understand - they are clones so I should treat them like mature plants rather than sprouts - but I wanted to make sure their root systems had taken hold in the soil.

@neckNflu @elheffe702 @HJL @Dieselgrower @raustin @merlin44 @garrigan62 @ReMoLu @livefast @Tylan

14 Likes

Oops - wasn’t quite done with the update but hit reply so . . .

Anyway - then it was time to check the remaining clones that I took using the @willyj method on 3/24. Although not quite as hearty and full as the way his seem to turn out - I am still super pleased. :blush:

So I left the two with the least amount of roots to cook some more under the dome and transplanted the 6 good ones. I bought these coco coir pots because they seemed interesting and I hadn’t tried them yet. I used my usual blend of soils but because the pots were a bit bigger I layered some Happy Frog/Ocean Forest on the bottom third of the pot. I figured the roots would grow down through my seed starter/cactus mixture and hit the HF/OF blend which is the soil I will eventually transplant them too.

Then I put them in the Veg section of my tent with their older clone cousins. I dropped the just built LED light down from the top of the tent so that they all seem happy. The light can be raised as needed (note to self - buy more ratchet hangers - luckily the light is not heavy at all so zip ties are doing the job).

@Smokin_ernie @North_East_Newbie @Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @MattyBear @Donaldj @MAXHeadRoom @vegetarian

20 Likes

I love watching this all come together so beautifully. Great job, @Momtomask!

6 Likes

I am with @raustin this is great @Momtomask. Thanks for posting the details.

5 Likes

All looks good. Busy you are :+1::v:

3 Likes