First time grower - new tent and light AGAIN!

The frame - notice that I have the hooks on the wrong side :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Luckily easy enough to unbolt and screw back in.

5 Likes

Wiring the lights was easy - and connecting to the driver went perfectly thanks to @dbrn32 diagram.

5 Likes

I have the driver outside of the tent but grounded to the frame.

8 Likes

Awesome! So not as big of deal as you originally thought I hope?

Only feedback I have is that you may have spread them out a little too much. Having the strips right on the edges makes half the light of end strips pretty much bounce as soon as it’s emitted. I use to try and spread them out evenly over the area too, but have had much better results keeping them more condensed toward middle. But see how it works and I’m sure it wouldn’t be a big deal to move strips later if you want.

1 Like

What I ended up using for the frame was heavy duty shelving strips - the stronger ones on the outside frame and slimmer ones for the 2 center strips. The son-in-law cut the edges for a tighter fit at the corners. Total cost for the frame parts was less than twenty five dollars included the hooks and bolts!

2 Likes

Or add a couple more strips? :wink: Would the driver be OK @dbrn32 if I added a strip in between each one - so three more strips?

2 Likes

@Rick3, look what @Momtomask did!

2 Likes

No, that driver sized specifically for that amount of strips. But we can certainly find you a different driver if need be.

This is the good part, you now should have plenty of extra transfer tape and wire right? Expenses you shouldn’t have to incur if you want to add or build another light.

1 Like

Congrats on the build! Already wanting more… haha

4 Likes

I tried to post a weekend update but Easter and company and eating too much got in the way!

So the Veg tent and new light are working great and I transplanted all my heartier and older clones into the one gal pots. I drilled holes into the pots to create my own version of “air pots”

Then I checked on my clones that I took 3/24 (I followed the @willyj tutorial) and I had three really good ones so they went in seed starter soil mix with an extra sprinkle of that root starter stuff (Myzo something or other). @merlin44

The I rearranged my seedlings and raised their light a smidge - I want to keep them short and in that space for a couple of weeks if possible. @dbrn32 @MattyBear @Myfriendis410

And finally the flower tents were redone. Last weekend I gave a friend one of my WW and one of my GLs as a housewarming gift. They bought a place late last year and finally had their tents and lights set up - so shared the joy! The result for me was more space for the remaining girls. I put the two short WWs under the 450 Viparspectra by themselves raised up closer to the light. They are so much happier and seem to be coming to fruition. @North_East_Newbie @Budtastic

And in the other flowering tent, I put the leggy WW in with the remaining 2 GLs so she could get some good Cob light for her flowering days. Based on my limited experience I think the GLs and that WW need at least 4-6 more weeks. We shall see.

Lastly, I bought one of those jewelers loops @Screwauger and saw that some of the tricomes on the more fully developed WW were mostly cloudy with only a few ambers. I cannot figure out how to take a picture but will work on that. So of course we had to take a cola and put it in my drying box :hugs:

I can’t tell you how much I love this hobby! :relaxed::+1:t3:

15 Likes

I love Rapid rooters I only use rockwool every now and then to keep rust away :wink:

6 Likes

I made some pots like those 3 Gal so I could still transplant to 5-7 Gal fabric later if I chose royal pain transplanting from smart pots and part of my system change is larger pots

4 Likes

Looking great! You’re tent looks as crammed as mine!

5 Likes

I concur, everything is looking very good!

4 Likes

Very nice; everything looks happy and healthy.

4 Likes

Very nice update!! Grow looks great!!

3 Likes

You have been busy!
I love that you are jumping into every aspect of growing, from lighting to clones & flowering.
Outstanding job!!!

4 Likes

You are an inspiration to the rest of us new growers. Thanks for the tag @Momtomask :+1::ok_man:

6 Likes

Hat’s off to you @Momtomask you have really taken this all in your stride and done it all so great thank you for your efforts and taking the time to share it with us all nice one mate :v:.

5 Likes

Awesome grow. What lights do you use on your seedlings? I’,m waiting for my California Dream seedlings to wake up. I got a 35 watt cfl over them now.

1 Like