First time grower needs troubleshooting help

First time grower… have two strains growing. The issue is only affecting one strain, Godfather OG and appears to only affect older leaves. These spots appear and the leaves eventually start curling in on itself. I thought maybe phosphorous deficiency so i raised my watering ph from 6.0 to 6.2 hoping to improve phosphorous uptake. Probably not the problem at all. Thought I’d try “phone a friend”. Thanks for any insights you can share…

Welcome to the forum.

A picture of the full plant, as well as some info you can fill in below, will help us help you better.

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using (RO, distilled, tap.)

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

3 Likes

welcome to the community

1 Like

Welcome to the community. Like @MidwestGuy said

2 Likes

Welcome please will need more info so we can help

1 Like

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Godfather OG

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Soil

Soil brand and type
3 parts happy frog, 2 parts ocean forest

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
3 gallon fabric pots

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
Was 6.0, now 6.2 with about 10% ruin through

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
NA

• Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor, grow tent

• Light system
A 2000 watt led plus a 1000 watt led from spiderfarmer

• Temps; Day, Night
80, 68

• Humidity; Day, Night
Around 60 to 70%

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
4 inch inline fan plus 3 other fans inside the tent

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Been using humidifier until lately, now nothing.

• Co2; Yes, No
Yes, an exhale 365 bag

2 Likes

Oh, also using RO filtered water buffered down to 6.0

Also I feed with 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of jacks 20-10-20 and feed at every watering per Dr. Bruce Bugbee’s advice. I’m not seeing the issues at all with the two Maui Wowie girls who receive the same feeding. I will use just water and see if that stops the problem unless someone has a different take.

Runoff ph s a little low… aim for 6.4 -6.5 for soil.

Check soil ph (do a soil slurry test)

then

Try some Cal/Mag and Epsom salts.

Don’t change nutrients unless you know your ph is in line.

2 Likes

Can someone help me troubleshoot please? This is my first grow, it’s a white widow auto from ilgm. It’s definitely been stunted , it’s about 6 weeks and has been growing slow . I just bought a ph tested and the ph was up at 7 and I flushed it with ph down and tested it today the ph said 5.5 so I flushed it with water with a ph for 6.4. Like I said I’m a new Grower . Initially I thought it was a calcium deficiency but then I gave them calmag and it burned them. I pulled the leaves off that were spotted but they matched baron pictues or calcium deficiency from looking at pictures online. I thought it could be boron deficiency because the ph was off. What should I do? Did I do everything I should have done so far? Can someone help me out with this? Much appreciated !

@matty777 what have your temperatures been like? Is it raised off of the floor? We had a deep freeze here and my seedlings were not happy about it.

1 Like

The temps have been between 25-30 degrees Celsius.

1 Like

I think it’s a calcium deficiency. Jacks 20-10-20 has zero calcium in it unlike the Jacks 321 mix that is a favorite around here and is loaded with calcium. Also the RO water would have zero calcium as well. The soil has some calcium in it (specially the OF) but not enough.

If sticking with Jacks 20-10-20 then I would start using CalMag ASAP.

Not seeing them yet but what happens to one plant can likely happen to the others, it just hits the more sensitive plant first. Think of the Godfather OG plant as your canary in a coal mine, it’ll be the first affected.

Also, I’d stick with a ph of 6.5 in soil.

2 Likes

You guys rock! Picked up some cal mag today and will let you know if that solved the problem…

1 Like

Hey, an update. I had not been measuring ph of the run through until reading the replies, including yours. When I did I was shocked to see the ph was down to 5.6. That’s why it wasn’t absorbing cal and mag efficiently… So today I applied 3 tbsp of dolomite lime to the other godfather girl, then watered it in with ph 6.5 water. Run through was 5.6! Do you know how long it should take for it to start showing up in the run through and visibly with the plants? For the next watering, what should I use for that girl I just gave lime? Water only? Fertilizer? Thanks for your insights!