First time grower needs assistance

Hi new to the forum. It appears that the leaves on my girls are getting lighter. Day ten from sprouting Northern Lights and Super Skunk Autos. I don’t know if they are healthy. No nutes yet, just ph’d water avg. 6.0-6.3. Last watering I gave pre ph’d water and later wondered does ph change while sitting. So I checked and found that the ph had risen to 7.1. I let the soil get kind of dry to check fabric pot weight. I had Vivosun 4000 at 24" at 50 percent (196watts) moved to sixty percent (235) watts. I don’t know if its sign of light burn.

1 Like

@Jeffrey3 welcomed to the community and happy new year

Pic of the plant can help to see what happened

And do you used soil?

2 Likes

I am using the superb soil from pot for pot. I got the others in promix. I will try and send you pics

1 Like

I don’t know how to send pics

This is the one in question, I’ll send the rest soon-ty!

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

@Jeffrey3 I don’t see any to worry just a healthy plants, nice work

In that stage they need more humidity
And you soil look dry try to water around the plant

1 Like

Those girls look good from here! May be too much light, I stay around 150w until week 3 using a mars hydro FC-4800 in a 4x4, but I don’t see any issues. Newer growth on autos tend to be a lighter green due to the rapid veg cycle. Keep the temp around 80F and 60% humidity if you can. That’s where I’ve had the best results with autos. Good luck!

2 Likes

Some plant from genetics come with variegated mutation so don’t worry if one plants had different color on the leaf, I grown autos so far I had to variegated genetics

3 Likes

I agree, your plants look pretty good! What are you testing ph with?

2 Likes

That’s good for your pro mix but a touch low for the p for p soil. Should be closer to 6.5-6.8 for that one.

:v:

2 Likes

Soil guy also. Looks great. 6.3-6.8 depending what stage and what short. Now in earth dust so going in under 7.5 over 5.8 or something. Self adjusts “thank god”

1 Like

Good :sunrise:! Thanks for the replies.
I am testing my ph with the HM Digital PH-80S Hydrotester. I was using Vivisun ph reader but decided to get another one. So I test twice and the Vivosun is just about in sync with ph 80.
I will water today and start adding light nutes with Advanced Nutrients. ? I don’t think you’re supposed to add nutes when using Pot4pot Superb Soil. Is this true? Once again thank you for your help.

Happy New Year to all and may this year bring more Peace, Love, Good Health, Stability and Prosperity to us all!!

2 Likes

1 Like

Hello family. Well I am back with an update. So these are my girls day 14 from sprout. THEY ARE STILL ALIVE! I say a prayer before I open the tent in the morning.

So I am running two board lights because I bought a kit. As a first time grower I thought that would simplify the process. The light that came with it would not flower a 4x4 tent as specified by the manufacturer. So I put in a complaint and they offered the second light at a discount. So I am trying my best.
I just moved these lights down to 20" dimmers are set at 60% 470 true watts. Temp is avg. 75=80 degrees. I dropped humidity from 70% to 60%. Iwatered on Monday 750ml ph 6.5 gave first feeding very light Advanced Nutrients. I am growing in Pro Mix HP with Miccrorrizae 5 gal. fabric pots. In one pot I have superb soil from apotforpot as an experiment with different mediums.
I am still nervous about the lights and the watering. I let my neighbor tey and help and he poured a gal of water on one of the seedlings last week and I think that was way too much. She is the smallest out the bunch but hanging on. Hope to hear from the ILGM community soon!

Forgot to put night temp 65-70 degrees

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies. You are really helping this first time grower feel right at home with all the informative replies.