First time grower! Need advice

I’ve started a grow in a 4x4 with ac infinity 6" system. I’m about to start cutting my light back on my girls @ about 1hr per week to match outside conditions. My question is if 1hr per week cut in day light will make them flower? I’ll also take some constructive criticism…these are my girls at 3 weeks today in 7 gallon planters in ffof. I have fead nothing yet and within the next week I’m going to start lst!Thanks in advance. 20210407_181608|375x500

3 Likes

Looking good

1 Like

Welcome to the community! What schedule are you running now? Eventually yes, if you keep reducing light schedule by an hour a week they will flower.

2 Likes

Thanks… they are gorilla glue, girl scout cookie extreme, and bruce banner in the middle at 3 days old.

Excellent strategy imo. Yes they will flower eventually. Should work out just right

1 Like

I’m on 17-7 starting at 18-6 I live north so grow light don’t get over 16hrs.

1 Like

Thanks I did another of researching before the grow and I’m happy with it so far!

1 Like

Should start to flower for you in the 14-12 hours of light per day range. I wouldn’t go below 12-12. Just stay there when you get there.

1 Like

Ok sounds great thanks for the help.

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! The ocean Forest soil should carry you up to flowering stage without feeding.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply… I thought the same thing but I think I’m going to try 1/2 dose of the ff feeding schedule just to see if it helps. I ph my water and try not to over water but they definitely tell me when they have enough!

1 Like

My 2¢ worth.

There is no need to adjust light cycle before putting them outdoors. As long as they are in veg, the light cycle isn’t that important so long as there are at least 13 hours of light. They will have 4 months to adjust.

If you are growing outdoors AND you don’t need to worry about neighbors, then you should forgo the lst. You want your plants tall and Christmas tree shaped to get maximum light to the bud sites. You need to let them do their thing.

5 Likes

@Jpcultivation I have those same three strains coming to me tomorrow!!! I’d like to follow your progress!

2 Likes

I’ll keep you updated on progress

Here is an update! I pruned last Sunday and I am seeing really good results with new growth.

2 Likes

After prune

Are yours auto flowers?

I’m nervous about pruning but I’m not even close yet to needing to. But then I read not to on autos…

1 Like

No they are not autos…they are doing great though.

1 Like