First time grower: My seedling has a broken neck

@HadenJP shes begging for a drink. Keep me in your loop more frequently and I’ll walk you through it with your pics ok. Grab a bottled water and pour a few shots around the outer edge in a circle and mist her dome interior and recover her ok. We can get you through this.

1 Like

good luck to you

1 Like

Will do. thank you.

@rahmams34 thank you!! Let’s get her there!!

Welcome aboard!!

@HadenJP remember I’ll need lore frequentt updates. Let’s be attentive and proactive.

I watered this morning. No change in appearance yet. My other issue is that i cant keep the heat down lately. My mini AC just doesnt get the job done and also raises the humidity in the tent, which in later stages wont be good. Standing AC units are like over $300 and a window AC wouldnt work in a tent. Ive got my air filter on high filtering air out of the tent, but the tent has to stay in my closet to be safe from my cats, and filtering air out of the closet isnt as easy. Its slated doors, so its breathable but not fully filtered, so I’m guessing the hot air being filtered out of the tent is just hanging out in the closet surrounding the tent. I’m not really sure how to fix this without spending a ton of money on a standing AC unit.

1 Like

Ok there’s your issue. You should just take the plant out of the tent period and use the closet as your grow space. The closet is what they call your lung room and it’s where you would want to pull in cool air while venting out your exhaust in another area. Your just recirculating hot air in and out of your tent trapped in a box. Pull air into the closet and then figure out where to vent to or simply leave the closet open full time. They are a few really good closet growers in here who I wish would chime in for you. They could give you specific experience to get you straight I bet.

What I’m hearing is I’m basically SOL. I cant vent my closet without keeping the door open enough for the cats to get in and like I said, i cant keep the tent outside of the closet without my cats scratching it up. And taking the plants out of the tent won’t change the fact that I cant vent the closet more than just air getting in and out of the slated doors on it’s own. Anyway this is the plant now, still looks like shit.

@HadenJP You need a different approach. First you have to have the Will to Find a Way. And I know you said it’s getting up to 90 in there but I think it’s a growable temp albeit not optimal.

There’s still time left in the summer for an outdoor auto plant. Maybe you’d fair better letting Mother Nature give you a hand?

Can I see your entire tent and closet setup? Multiple pics if so.

1 Like

It mostly hangs out around 80-85. Its only gotten to 90 once on a really got day. And i unfortunately cant do outdoor grows, because I rent and technically shouldnt even be growing this until i get my medical card.
But for my setup, in the pics i have my air system on the shelf pointing towards the door blowing hot air out, then my light and air system hanging inside the tent, and theres also a temperature and humidity sensor hanging near the top of the tent. Perhaps i need to move that down because i just realized its sensing the hottest air by the top. Theres also an arctic chill mini evaporative AC, which is not really that great but it’s only a temporary budget problem. I also have 6" pots with bottom watering systems for when the seedling grows out of the solo cup and i have 5 gallon grow bags for even further in the grow cycle. I’m sure I’ll need more in between sizes but for now this is what I’m working with. The plant still isnt looking any better since being watered.

@HadenJP well 80-85 isn’t a problem for weed. Others routinely post numbers in that range. You need to find your comfort zone with just hobbyist growing. Do you have any houseplants at all? Your setup for success but your seedling looks in about as rough a state as I’ve seen, near death. Any thoughts to dropping another bean? If yours isn’t dead yet just give her a good drink and cover her with a dome sans the holes and mist the dome. She’s at a point where I’d suggest easily a few shot glasses of water in that dried up medium from the pics. Is she still hanging on?

Amen @Fieldofdreams . 105 outside now and fighting to cool house much less tents. Veg tent on 18/6 will hit 90+ sometimes. I just keepem watered and they truck along. Flower tent 6pm to 6am. If auto or in veg can do 5/3 or 6/2 light schedule and regulate better.

I germinated and planted 2 more seeds, as the plant i was working on wasnt getting any better. Its only been a couple days so no growth yet. I’m unsure about one of them because i accidentally squeezed the seed a bit when i was planting it. We’ll see if it grows or if i ruined it. I’m getting really frustrated. These seeds arent cheap and I’ve already wasted 4, possibly 5 if the seed i accidentally squeezed doesnt grow.

1 Like

@HadenJP i wish you were my neighbor, I’d get you through this growth period of your journey so you could experience the feeling of toking on your own smoke n having your friends blown away with the quality and your generosity.

When i first started out i used two solo cups one clear and one colored since the lights can’t have direct contact with the roots…it makes it a lot easier to track root progress and to see how dry is your dirt

1 Like

Its been a week and still no growth… i feel like i shouldve seen it sprout by now and i don’t understand what i did wrong. The ones i started before i had in my window until theu sprouted and then i put them in the tent but i read everywhere that they can go right in the tent and i did that and i havent seen growth yet. I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong and my electric bill has skyrocketed just for me to continuously fail.

Are you in a State where you have hydro stores and dispensaries? What if you purchased some clones? Started at the next stage instead?

We all deal with a certain amount of failure. I have 4 Super Lemon Hazes soaking since Sat currently and not a single bean has given me a tail.

I live in CT. Its legal to grow but all the dispensaries only sell to medical patients right now, of which i am not. Idk how to get clones. Idk if i should give up on these seeds or not they still havent grown?

Still haven’t sprouted?

@HadenJP time to drop some more. Let’s try again. I’ll drop some with you today. I’m annoyed that my recent 4 are for sh!t too.

Are all of your attempts from the same purchase and strain?