First time grower. My baby girl fell over...?

Hi y’all! My name is Syd. I’m new to this so would greatly appreciate any help. :slightly_smiling_face:
This is my first grow… I started with 3, 'girl scout cookie extremes ’ . Yesterday I was watering ‘Savanah Smiles’ (she so far seemed to be my healthiest… her 2 sisters names are Do-Si-Do and Samoa) and accidently splashed her with water from my showering can and kinda layed her over🙄

I don’t know if this is something I need to worry about, or is it safe to stake her up… or even something else?

That is her kinda lying sideways as you can see

Here is 2 further away shots next to her sister Do-Si-Do.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Yes, stake her up, push a cone of dirt up to support her. She got leggy reaching for the light, those lights are likely not as strong as you think and are not going to get you through flowering with even mediocre results. Get em a little closer as long as they are not hot.

2 Likes

I would stake her. I got some plastic coated garden wire and it’s pretty versatile. You could loop it around your baby’s stem until it gets stronger.

1 Like

Great thanks Pat!.. I’ll stake her and cone some soil. Also I can adjust the percentage of (wattage?) I’ll include a picture… at the moment I them at 80%
I’ll try to raise that before I lower the lights…?

Thanks for the advice AE… I’ll have to order some. For now I have this.

That should work. Good luck!

Its growing that way because of where the lights are in relation to where the plants are.

You can use some kind of support but maybe need to adjust the location of the light.

2 Likes

She fell over because of her stretching for the light thats why the stalk is so long prop her up and drop your lights down some it will help counter the stretching

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you Mr Pete and 1st timer… so then… my question is this… if she is reaching for the light… but I only have 2 lights but three plants (soon to be 4 because I have Phineas Pogo germinating atm, a gorilla glue seed) should I just crowd them a bit closer to the middle (relative to the light)?
I understand my questions are probably elementary. Im just trying to learn… and thanks again for any of y’all that are helping with replys

1 Like

Just use a paperclip or toothpick

Ok… I got Savanah Smiles propped up with a cone of soil and also used a stake with a loosely tied string. I lowered the lights a little and turned them up from 80% to 100%…
Also ‘Phineas Pogo’ , a gorilla glue seed i had germinating showed about a 3/4" tap root this morning so I put her in soil next to Samoa…

1 Like

Put a lite breeze on it. Little fan to make it wiggle, builds strong stems. I grow outdoors but start seedlings indoors. I put a fan on them at the first set of true leaves.

1 Like

I have a fan in there just circulating air. I was under the impression they were too small at this point to have a fan blow over them. Am I wrong about that? And what is the term "True Leaves "
And thanks for your input… this is a lot of fun so far!

1 Like

You want a oscillating fan blowing gently on them kind of like they are dancing. This will help strengthen the stem and keep air moving.

2 Likes

Are there humidifiers anyone could suggest that I can set a range on and once that range is reached or exceed it will shut off? Also for a dehumidifier?

The first ones after the cotyledons ( kinda rounded) …the serrated edged ones are first true leaves

1 Like

Great info. Thanks Freebud! In that case I’ll start the fan oscillating as soon as I get home from work… all 3 of my girl scouts have ‘true leaves’

1 Like

I picked up a GE dehumidifier at home depot that has a set point.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply but in all honesty the lights you are using are very inadequate they are only 80w units which is only good for maybe lighting for clones or very small seedlings even then most use 100w-150w for clones and seedlings in my honest opinion id upgrade your lighting if you want good results or you will suffer time and time again with airy loose buds and a not so good growing experience if you have a budget for lighting i can definitely point you in the rite direction

1 Like