First Time Grower -- Michelle K

Good afternoon.

Yesterday was day one for my blueberry autos. I dropped 2 seeds into a shot glass, covered it with plastic wrap and put it in a dark cupboard.

I have (1) zkittles auto and (2)white widow autos I dropped in soil last week and am waiting for them to pop.

I am using 3 to 5 gallon fabric bags and FF Ocean with Perlite.

Any suggestions or advice on what to expect? I was told to use this forum as a grow journal and advice.

Thanks in advance–

Michelle

5 Likes

Give it time as with my lights, which are HLG’s, I have had them take over 10 days to break soil. :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Are you keeping them warm? Close to 80 degrees is good

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! LOTS of great people here with tons of experience! You will learn a lot from them.

Do you have a grow set up? Lights? Tent? Temp/humidty control? Would love to see it if so!

5 Likes

We have a grow room that was closed down about 15 years ago but I am opening back up.

My 2 blueberry autos on paper towels have a small root coming out. How long does the root need to be before she goes in dirt?

The 3 in pots are still a waiting game.

4 Likes

Doesn’t have to be any specific length. As soon as mine crack open and show me a white tail they go into the dirt with very high success rate.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great growers here with great advice! Good luck and hapoy growing!

3 Likes

I put them in when the root is about 3-5 mm or 0.1- 0.2 inches long. Waiting too long may allow the roots to grow into the paper towel.Also, don’t put them into a large container at first… it’s just easier tow water say in a solo cup until they get a little bigger.

1 Like

Well seeds went from paper towel to FF Ocean soil and fabric pots. I misted them lightly with water but didn’t soak them.

I am already strangely attached and thinking of names for my girls. The two blueberrys popping gave me hope!

Now waiting patiently for the three that were planted directly in soil to show their sweet heads!

2 Likes

@chelle Welcome to ILGM forum, you can tag someone like I did you to get their attention. You should keep them warm as suggested above. Do you have a PH and TDS pens ? If not you should get them! Do you have pics of setup so we can help you make sure you are successful? When you get time fill this out for us please!
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

Off to a good start. Congrats on starting back up. Ask any questions that tickle ur fancy. And most importantly welcome to the site!

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re on a roll let us know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Hi! Today one of my girls made herself known!

She is an ILGM Blueberry Auto.
She is in FF ocean
Lightly watered with tap qater
Week one since germination–paper towel in between paper plate method
No special lighting at this point.

5 Likes

Always an exciting time, for me, from the time they break surface to about 10-days is the most nerve racking of the grow.

2 Likes

Any advice?

Literally my first grow.

I would recommend putting a dome on them my experience is they like lots of humidity at this point. A dome can be a clear plastic cup or a plastic bottle that has been cut. Spray the dome not the plant. Water sparingly around the plant in a 3-4” circle. You want the roots to chance the water at this point. Light should be 24/0 for about a week. What size container are they in?

2 Likes

3 gallon. My 2nd is in a 5 gallon. I put a plastic dome over “Bonnie” when I saw her.

2 Likes

It has been 12 days since I popped 3 in soil for germination in FF Ocean and tap water with no response. How much longer should I give them to pop?

1 Like

@chelle. I love it when growers name their plants!

2 Likes

Ive had a plant germ like 3-4 weeks after first germ. Give them a chance. Dont go digging as ur bound to lose the seed in the dirt

3 Likes