First Time Grower Long Time Smoker

Okay, here we go! Just recently started my first grow using a 36" x 36" x 72" tent and a single 300 W LED “cheapo” from that big online store. Started with 2 Gold Leaf, 1 Blueberry and 1 Pineapple. Germinated initially the two Gold Leaf in filtered tap water and within 24 hours seeds were open and ready to put into soil. Using FFO soil only to start but have a few other of the brand nutrients that I may introduce at a later date. The Pinapple and Blueberry were germinated with same method and have been in soil 7 days thus far. All seeds are from ILGM who made the order and delivery a seamless process despite not receiving my initial order…replacement order was sent immediately after talking to customer service. Very stress free transaction. Gold Leaf have been in the soil for 22 days and I’ll get some photos uploaded this evening when back home.
Cheers and thanks for a great forum…lots to learn!!

8 Likes

Welcome to ILGM!!
Since this is your first grow I would like to give you a piece of advice that might help you avoid issues later on.
If you don’t have one already I would pick up a PH tester so you can monitor the PH of your water. Having the correct PH can avoid some nutrient deficiencys. Having the correct PH for your medium allows the plant to take up the correct nutrients.

Another thing I noticed is you are using fox farms ocean soil. Many people use this soil without any issues. But fox farm ocean has some nutrients already mixed into it so you won’t need to give your plants any nutrients for a little while. Some people have had issues with there seedlings being planted in fox farm ocean soil because it has a lot of nutrients for such a young plant so that will be something you want to monitor. (I usually use a seedling soil for my seedlings, typically seedling soils won’t have any nutrients in them)
Anyway Just wanted to throw those out there. If any issues should arrise or if you have any questions just throw up a post and someone will help you out.

Again welcome to ILGM!! Happy growing!

4 Likes

Agree with @Jmesser80. I use FFOF and didn’t/don’t add nutes until 4.5 weeks into the grow.

Another heads up, you might consider adding more light to maximize your yield. One 300W LED isn’t enough for that size space. You want around 450 “true” watts (50w per sf). True watts being the actual power draw. Normally a LED is about 1/2 of the advertised equivalent but if you look up your model you can find out for sure.

Good luck and welcome to the group!

2 Likes

Much appreciated @Jmesser80! Great advice I’m sure. I’ll post up those pics later this evening and you guys and can throw in your feedback…great group…again, thanks for the advice and warm welcome. Cheers.

1 Like

@Matthew420, Thanks again for the quick feedback! I’ve got a second 300w LED that I may add and from what you said, it sounds like I might need it. Trying to start off on a low budget to see if it’s something to keep me busy when the tomatoes are doing well…I’ll get those photos up soon. Thanks again for the welcome.

3 Likes

You can always add as you go and see what you need based on what the plant is telling you. At first, when the plants are small, you don’t need to fill the entire tent/room with light. As they grow out, you’ll be able to tell. You can also use a light meter app if you have a smartphone. Move it around and you’ll see the meter drop rapidly as you pull away from the lights. Most LED’s shoot straight down so most of the intensity is directly below it and fades fast as you move away from directly below.

Point being, IMO, it’s better to have more smaller lights than 1 big one. Spreads out the light more evenly.

3 Likes

They have light meter apps for an iPhone? Something I will have to look into for sure. I have one of those 3 in 1 meters and one of the meters on it is a light meter but I don’t trust it lol.

2 Likes

Okay. Adding a few photos for critique and comments…also, forgot to mention: using fabric pots…today makes day 22 for the two gold leaf and the smaller one up front is 9 day blueberry and tiny guy in the back is Pineapple at 7 days. Blueberry will end up outside when a little older. All Female.
Just sprayed the leaves with a little h20 and putting them to bed for the next 4 hours (20 on, 4 off since planted).

3 Likes

Good luck dude, make a journal and link me if you like, would be cool to follow along.

1 Like

Latest and greatest.

8 Likes

Looks good. Even upside down lol :grin:

3 Likes

Haha. Damn, one of these days I’ll figure out these phones out. @bruinsfan33

2 Likes

7 Likes

Beautiful plants! @Urbandweller are there auto flower?

Thanks!
@Stoner_Cody420.

They are ILGM Gold Leaf, two weeks into flower now. FFOF soil, light nutes, keeping them hungry for water and two 300w LEDs indoor.

Cheers!

1 Like

That’s awesome bro! I only got a bag seed for now (sex still unknown) but I also have purple OGK and WWA on the way looking forward to getting them lol all these good looking plants got me like WOW! Beautiful job my friend! :sunglasses: looking forward to seeing more from you…

1 Like

Little update after being gone for a week…Colas really starting

to form.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Pistil city @Urbandweller Very nice looking bunch! Those buds are gonna be monsters!

1 Like