First time grower kinda paranoid lol

Should I cut a bottle and make a greenhouse for it until it gets its strength? Or leave it be? 82.4*F/41%H in tent rn. Will be setting up fan system shortly

A dome will definitely give it some help. Just be sure to remove it once a day to give it fresh air. @WTAllah otherwise great job on the save.

1 Like

2 Likes

Out of likes again, but it looks good. @WTAllah

1 Like

@covertgrower @anon95385719
Hey guys what’s up. Just came in to check on my plants, and take the dome off and let the seedling breathe. I noticed the two healthy ones are starting to show a second set of growing fan leaves. Giggity. When inspecting the third one I noticed small fast insects. I stared at it for a while and would see one here follow it and lose it notice another like whoa. Are these the spider mites I read about? I immediately went on amazon and looked at the prices of some mantises. Wanted to know if you guys have any experience with them, or if you know a way to get rid of them before they hurt my plant. For the record the landlord downstairs(this sweet old lady🤣) has the same living set up we have as far as rooms etc. every room in her house is used for growing trimming curing etc. it’s a 3 family and I see one mantis egg makes a bunch so was gonna distribute throughout the house and release the rest. The kit I looked at comes with like 200 ladybugs and I read they help too. Just don’t wanna lose my plants. And yea, back to them. The little guy(imma just call him the lil guy from now on) has the two leaves finally above the cube with new fan leaves growing out of it. I’ll take a pic cuz I think it looks weird. Tell me what you think.

@WTAllah yes those could be spider mites. They come in many colors. If you do have them, or any other kind of bugs, neem oil will get rid of them, and is organic. (It’s from a tree) cold pressed is best, and amazon sells it.
If you think you can grab some pictures of them we can better assist you in getting rid of them. Hoping for you that they’re NOT spider mites. Isopropyl alcohol right before lights out will kill just about anything moving. Diatomaceous earth spread liberally will kill them also, but slower. Look for food grade, and will add silica to give you a healthy plant. Hope this helps.

Uh oh. Sounds like fungus gnats to me. Are they in your soil? Look carefully. Those little a$$holes multiply quickly. I just harvested 2 plants before I wanted to so I could get rid of them. DE is best for them but it is a slow process. They will for sure munch on the roots of your seedlings so watch closely.

Your little guy coming out of the cube looks fine to me. Much better than yesterday.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower I sat infront if my tent a while just staring at the soil and seen nothing. Made me feel kinda dumb cuz I know I seen SOMETHING lol. Getting ready to leave I hit the tent door which hit a pot and made some soil shift. I tapped the very top of the pot and more dirt shifted. I waited and looked and then my fan blew and shifted dirt in another place and I laughed at myself thinking I’m buggin, yet I did see two insects smaller than the perlite kinda reddish in color like baby fire ants(we do get ants during the summer). So I’m gonna wait until I’m sure. We use DE on the ants so it’s good to know. As for the little guy thanks. I checked on them today before heading out and he’s upright. Will take pics later on tonight when I take the dome off. Thanks a lot for all your help guys you don’t even know…

@WTAllah this description matches what spider mites look like. Get some DE on that right away. Check underneath your leaves as well. This is where they hide. The sooner you treat them, the less chances you have at them killing your plant, and ruining your flowers.

1 Like

How do I do it? Just sprinkle some on the top soil?

You can sprinkle a lot on top of the soil very liberally. Mix some with water, and spray underneath the leaves as well. @WTAllah

What kind of soil are you in? Organic soils have good organisms in them, some mites even. May not be anything to worry about.

Like this guy:

They eat fungus gnat larvae.

Make sure it’s food grade DE.

So I sprinkled on the DE yet when going to do so seen that my plant in the back(the strongest) fell over. The stem is white(on bottom)!and browning(on top). I still sprinkled the DE, put some on the leaves then sprayed them with water. Also raised my fan which now blows over the tops of pots. I waited a whole day before posting and checked on em. It’s still growing. Like it’s down yet still seeking light. I spun the pot around and a few hours checked on it and it was back in the light. I’m thinking I can get a long wooden skewer and tie it to stand it back up but not sure if that’ll kill it or what. Not even sure how it fell down it was just down when I came to out the DE down. Temp was at 72F ten degree difference it has been cold out yet still. Stumped. What should I do?

Getting a bit more soil and mound it up to the stem. It’ll help support it, and won’t fall over. @WTAllah
You can bury it up to the leaves if you want. It’ll grow normal. You may want to lower your light a little, if they’re stretching.

1 Like

Sounds like your dampening off. Do as covertgrower said and cover the stem up to the leaves it should root from the good part of the stem and when u water water away from the stem

1 Like

Thanks a lot I’ll do that right now

It’s in the cube, so if I water around it, will the cube get wet enough? I guess it doesn’t matter now that I’m burying it, just want to know

Water will get in @WTAllah seedlings require just damp soil, not saturated. You’ll want to water in a ring farther out, (think 3-4” diameter) so the roots are encouraged to grow outwards to seek out water.

1 Like

@Covertgrower @anon95385719
Sup fellas, how goes the day? So first, I wanna thank the both of you. This is MY first time really growing anything. Grade school doesn’t count lol. Just thank you for your time, and for the knowledge you be giving me. My plants are alive lol, they’ve been through a rough patch, still got a ways to go, but you catch my drift. Thank you.
I posted because I’m kinda using this as my journal, to keep track of things. Wanted to ask tho, Autos are on a time schedule, from my first post, today makes 11 days. Or do I go by the original post of 7 days(think growth chart)? Matters yet doesn’t because of what made me think that which was are my plants too small for their current stage in the life cycle? I get I had some hiccups but f€¥• dude, am I gonna have a bunch of dwarfs? For the most part though I’m not too worried. The one I buried is growing again. Leaves still kinda droopy but the stem is straightening up so I’m happy. Today I watered in a circle, all of them the same diameter as the lil guy. Took some picks. They all looked happy, which is good. That’s the DE. I watered then sprinkled(this am). Sprayed them just a while ago and then took pics. Ok some more questions, should I try to train them(not yet too soon), do/should I scrog, or let it just rock out and grow however it does?

3 Likes